The Student Room Group

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads?

Poll

What if you had two dads?

What if you had two Dads, rather than a farther and a mother or one parent?

How would you feel?

POLL

Murder is being commited. People are being slaughtered. Bahrain has allowed 3 different armies from neighbouring oil-rich contries to come and slaughter innocent protestors wanting democracy.

Are the USA so politically interested that they won't without a blink condem bahrains government and saudi arabia?

PS: I am surprised David Cameron actually condemed Bahrain...

Iran is the only country including lebanon and maybe a few others to condemn isreal for violating so many human rights and murdering innocent children.

Iran has the balls to stand up to the USA, which is why the USA and media tycoons tied in the USA interests try to demonise Iran

am i literally the only one who can see right through the USA?

The levels of hypocrisy are incredible.

The Libyan government faces an armed uprising and we go to war with them.

Bahrain employs foreign troops to oppress their own people and we reluctantly tell them not to do it again.

BAHRAIN'S PEOPLE ARE BEING SLAUGHTERED BY THE SAUDI ARMIES, THE US WON'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF OIL AND POLITICAL INTERESTS

Is a mother not necessary? Does she make a difference? Would nature work with two males? What is the need for females ... then?

Does a child need a masculine and feminine role model?

Please be honest. don't let media put you under pressure.

"i would miss my mummmmy. but if i had never known any different, i'm sure it'd be ok i do think every girl needs a mother, who has been through the same things and can probably understand better than a dad could (especially my dad ha), and is always there to talk to, but that's not to say same-gender parents would not be good parents"

PS: my deepest sympathies go to the people effected in Japan
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
farther?
Posh are we.
Reply 2
Well considering I don't love my parents for the fact one if female and one is male and I love them for the fact they've raised me and been there for me I don't think it would make a difference.
Bully at school: "my dad will batter your dad..."

Me: "LISTEN! MY DAD WILL SHAG YOUR DAD!!!!!! and your dad will enjoy it :sexface:"

So I have the upper hand there!

No prizes for guessing who that came from.
I have nothing against being gay.
I just think you need Both a Mother and Father in a child's life (or at least some sort of equivalent figures).

I think that they both play important roles in upbringing of a child and I don't think it's fair to dismiss the father or mother. And if two guys have a kid, atleast have some sort of female support as well.

I don't think it's realistic to say "it's all about the personality of the parent regardless of their gender" because a child will need the perspective of both.

But then again I don't think a child will have a "hindered upbringing" if they had gay guardians, I just think they should have two influences which carry out the role of a mother and father .

Ultimately I believe a child needs a variety of role models, both masculine and feminine
(edited 13 years ago)
your poll doesn't really make much sense
Reply 6
It doesn't matter if you have two dads or two moms at the end of the day aslong as the child is brought up in a happy, nurturing environment then the child will grow up healthily.
IMO nowadays everything is normal because there is such a range of different families with different views on things.
It will also make the child become more accepting of sexuality and things like that.
I know this from personal experience.
Reply 7
Original post by Panda Vinnie

Me: "LISTEN! MY DAD WILL SHAG YOUR DAD!!!!!! and your dad will enjoy it :sexface:"

I want my prize :mad:

to the op: you dont love your parents because their gender so it wouldnt matter
What is the need for females? :lolwut: Why would having two dads mean there's no purpose for females? Also, you seem to have ignored the fact that you can have two female parents as well as two male.
Reply 9

That made me laugh. :cool:

Balamory :h:
Reply 11
A child needs a variety of masculine and feminine role models, of a variety of genders. But it doesn't matter if both the parents are XY or XX. Children do have contact with adults who aren't their parents - aunts, uncles, next-door neighbours, friends of the family, nursery nurses etc.
Reply 12
Original post by Dumdedoobie
What is the need for females? :lolwut: Why would having two dads mean there's no purpose for females? Also, you seem to have ignored the fact that you can have two female parents as well as two male.

The poll is two dads.

Thus , there is no mother in this.

:smile: i see your point, but i specifically want to know what people would think if they had two dads, and no mother.]

the purpose of a female within the context of a parent.
Original post by RadioHawk
was that mcintyre?

Nah, a signature Frankie Boyle joke.
Reply 14
i would miss my mummmmy. but if i had never known any different, i'm sure it'd be ok :smile: i do think every girl needs a mother, who has been through the same things and can probably understand better than a dad could (especially my dad ha), and is always there to talk to, but that's not to say same-gender parents would not be good parents.
Reply 15
Original post by kerily
A child needs a variety of masculine and feminine role models, of a variety of genders. But it doesn't matter if both the parents are XY or XX. Children do have contact with adults who aren't their parents - aunts, uncles, next-door neighbours, friends of the family, nursery nurses etc.

Your parents are closest to you. Not many in british society do really have much interaction with extended family. This does not mean nobody does, but in general. We are brought up by our parents, and our early years are most important.
Reply 16
Original post by sixthformer
What if you had two Dads, rather than a farther and a mother or one parent?

How would you feel?

POLL

Is a mother not necessary? Does she make a difference? Would nature work with two males? What is the need for females ... then?

Does a child need a masculine and feminine role model?

Please be honest. don't let media put you under pressure.

I've always had a 'second mum and dad' so, instead I'd just have three dads and a mum? S'cool by me. :tongue:

Just means less female rage hormones around. :cool:
i would disagree
Swear that *my dad will shag your dad* was from Frankie B. AT least, the first i heard of the joke was on MtW
i think its disgusting tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending