The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - Business Administration 2011 Applicants

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The only condition on a BBA offer is Daddy earning more than £100k!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
1. Date of application:09.11.2010
2. Date of offer:06.01.2011
3. Type of offer:Conditional
4. Predicted Grades/Grades achieved:Obtain 100% in the last year exams(I am international)
Original post by Hedgeman49
The only condition on a BBA offer is Daddy earning more than £100k!

Is that really what BBAs are seen as at Bath?
Original post by georgie-rose
Is that really what BBAs are seen as at Bath?

Not gonna lie, that is probably the initial reaction you'll get from people in older years, but most freshers are oblivious to it for a while. This year's BBA freshers are particularly obnoxious, with a large group of them calling themselves the BNOCs (Big Names on Campus). You might get lucky though, your year might reverse the trend!
Not gonna lie, that is probably the initial reaction you'll get from people in older years, but most freshers are oblivious to it for a while. This year's BBA freshers are particularly obnoxious, with a large group of them calling themselves the BNOCs (Big Names on Campus). You might get lucky though, your year might reverse the trend!

Oh nooooo :frown: that sounds horrible

Don't worry about it - I'm sure they are a minority, just a very loud one. You will be able to avoid!
Reply 7

I have literally never heard anyone say/call themselves that :biggrin: If you mean other students think certain groups view themselves that way - then you may be right...but certainly haven't seen anyone on BBA referring to themselves by that!

Having said that - there are people I certainly reckon see themselves that way...thinking and seeing is a different matter though. Can see where the opinion comes from - but it's certainly not just BBA at Bath, and there are plenty of down-to-earth BBAs, so don't worry! :smile:

Don't worry, I'm a current BBA1 and I've never heard this :rolleyes: You'll have fun.
Reply 9
on a gap year, i applied last year, just deferred it sooo offer was AAA but got AAB and still got in :biggrin:
Original post by Beating Around The Bush
Don't worry, I'm a current BBA1 and I've never heard this :rolleyes: You'll have fun.

I hope so! :smile:

Just wondering, do you have any reading lists for the first term/year you could send me please? I'm curious! ...thank you :smile:
Not sure about the dates but I need 2 As at Advanced Higher and an A at Higher.
Reply 12

That's quite a ridiculous load of bs :P

Don't worry mate; most of my best friends on campus are BBA's. There are 4 in my flat and I love them all.

There is no point in worrying about things like this, because you will always be able to pick many friends out of a group of 3000 people...
Original post by lw365
That's quite a ridiculous load of bs :P

See above post... definitely not making this up
Reply 14
See above post... definitely not making this up

what are you on about? and who said I was a bba?
stop putting the poor guy off studying at Bath Uni because both the uni and the degree he chose are great...
Original post by lw365
what are you on about? and who said I was a bba?
stop putting the poor guy off studying at Bath Uni because both the uni and the degree he chose are great...

1) Never said you were a BBA.
2) Was just pointing out that someone else had experienced the whole "BNOC" thing as well - it's not a total fabrication (I have no reason to do this anyway).
3) The uni is great, I love the place.
4) The course is well-respected, and the graduate prospects and placements offered are fantastic. This I don't debate.
5) The VAST MAJORITY of BBAs are perfectly fine and normal people.
6) Nobody should be put off by what I've said. You'll all have a great time at Bath, I would give you a moneyback guarantee if I could!

^ Gospel truth
Reply 16
That's fair enough... I guess I misunderstood.
Reply 17
To be fair there are a few members of bba, known throughout bath as the "A team" who make a ridiculously large amount of noise so i guess you could say they are big names on campus?
Reply 18
There are some on the course who refer to themselves as BNOCs, these same people refer to BBA as Bath's Banter Academy. It's these same people once again that go onto secure the best placements and jobs - so is their arrogance warranted? I'm not one to judge...all I know is that "the student room" is not a place for jealousy :s :s :s
Reply 19
I'm quite upset, some malicious person has gone up to my cousins and said that I said that they are obnoxious tw*ts which is not true. I said that there are a obnoxious tw*ts at every uni, which there are, even here at MMU there are people that are completely arrogant and rude. My cousins are lovely, and I was really looking forward to spending time with them when I arrived at Bath and now they think that I said something I didn't.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest