The Student Room Group

Anyone starting there own business no matter how small it may seem?

Just wondering if theres anyone else out there who has been looking for a job and decided to try start a business or just try doing things on the side to make money while still looking for a job?

I have plenty of friends who have recently started doing courses in nails, hair, spray tans etc and there all trying to make money out of it. My aunt has started her own business doing crafts such as invites for weddings, birthdays etc.
I have just decided since I have my Swim Teacher qualification why not use it doing private lessons since I have applied to local pools and theres no vacancies. Iv had a couple of people interested but nothings came of it, I am only using word of mouth and printed off small leaflets to go through letterboxes. Iv been looking for a job since november and have just managed to get an "as and when required" job with the council.

Anyone else doing anything along these lines? Or has experience doing it?
Reply 1
I started working for myself last year and I've made a business out of it more recently. Private tuition. I use various agencies plus word of mouth and I do quite well.
Reply 2
I started my own computer support business, just helping out local people. Went incredibly well.

I think doing private swimming lessons is a great idea actually, I hope it works out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending