The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
I don't know whether to do so or not :facepalm:

Didn't even know you could.
Reply 5241
Original post by Edwin Okli
Didn't even know you could.

Well I've heard of some people doing this; instead of selecting a grade for each module, write 'A - 100/100' or whatever, in the 'other' box beside it.
Original post by CD315
Any of you guys put UMS scores on the UCAS form?

I didn't

It depends on the Uni and whether you want to.

I know Cambridge ask for UMS and I think UCL and Durham do as well, but I'm not too sure about the last two.

Unless you have done exceptionally well in modules I wouldn't put them down. Or if you have got a lower overall grade than you expected because of one exam, then put them down just to show it was one exam not really your overall performance.
Original post by jilebinator
I didn't

It depends on the Uni and whether you want to.

I know Cambridge ask for UMS and I think UCL and Durham do as well, but I'm not too sure about the last two.

They do: UCL will ask by email and Durham have a website where you fill them in :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In other words, the universities that care will probably ask you for them. Otherwise, my form tutor asked me what good results she could put in my reference so my UMS scores were mainly in there.
Reply 5245
How quick are universities off the mark at giving offers?
Reply 5246
Original post by CD315
How quick are universities off the mark at giving offers?

From my experience; my UCAS was processed on the 6th of October; and I got my offers thus:

Warwick - 21st October
Cambridge - 6th January
Bath - 20th February
Durham - 12th March
Imperial - I withdrew in November.

But from what I know; offers for maths can be given out very quickly as well as very late. Some of my friends got Durham offers before I got my Warwick one. So I'd say it's quite hard to judge when you'll get what offers. But it's quite likely Warwick will give you an offer in good time with your grades. And you obviously know around what time you'll get an interview/offer (if you do) from Cambridge. So I guess it's mostly a waiting game with the others.
Reply 5247
Original post by SParm
From my experience; my UCAS was processed on the 6th of October; and I got my offers thus:

Warwick - 21st October
Cambridge - 6th January
Bath - 20th February
Durham - 12th March
Imperial - I withdrew in November.

But from what I know; offers for maths can be given out very quickly as well as very late. Some of my friends got Durham offers before I got my Warwick one. So I'd say it's quite hard to judge when you'll get what offers. But it's quite likely Warwick will give you an offer in good time with your grades. And you obviously know around what time you'll get an interview/offer (if you do) from Cambridge. So I guess it's mostly a waiting game with the others.

Ah right, I see. From what I've learnt on here, Warwick give out offers a lot quicker than elsewhere! Damn, that Durham offer's late :tongue:

PS, decided against Cambridge.. :facepalm:
Original post by CD315
Ah right, I see. From what I've learnt on here, Warwick give out offers a lot quicker than elsewhere! Damn, that Durham offer's late :tongue:

PS, decided against Cambridge.. :facepalm:
My UCAS was processed on 11th of November and I got:

UEA offer - 14th November
Nottingham offer - 22nd November
Bath offer - 16th December
Bristol offer - 30th January
Durham rejection - 14th March.

Warwick policy is to give out offers to more or less anyone and everyone, but to set their entry requirements sky high (A*A*A + step), so they reply instantly. Durham on the other hand make people wait to the end :mad:
Reply 5249
Ok - without sounding rude, who here applied to LSE's Maths with Economics? :colonhash:
Reply 5250
Original post by Reminisce
Condolences to those rejected, I'm sure you will excel elsewhere and good luck to those pooled! And I add my congratulations to all the Cambridge Maths Offer Holders!

And once we, hopefully, overcome the final hurdle of the conditions, I look forward to the light-hearted banter and rivalry with us, the Oxford mathmos, in the coming years!

:tsr:

what college are you at?

Latest