The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Original post by jklm123
any1 got paper?

dnt worry be patient till tomorrow i will give all the papers !
Reply 3201
hey guys did u see this ??

GCE from 2008 | Biology

13 July 2011
GCE Biology exam error

Following the error that was identified in a multiple-choice question on one of our Biology GCE papers, we'd like to update you on our plans for ensuring that no student is either advantaged by the actions we are taking or disadvantaged by this error.

The affected question was worth one mark, and this question will not be counted. The maximum
mark for the paper will be reduced from 80 to 79. Teachers will be able to see this adjustment in the
published mark scheme, which will be available to Edexcel Online users on Friday 15 July 2011.

In addition, we've considered whether this question might have affected student performance on the remaining questions in the same paper, either because they ran out of time, or because they were distracted by the error. Using data from our online marking system, we will be able to analyse student performance at individual question level and identify:

whether the question has affected the performance of the whole cohort on this paper
any student whose performance in their answers following the question concerned is out of
line with their performance on the questions before it.

We will then be able to compare individual student performance on this unit with other units that
they have sat. If necessary, an adjustment will be made to the marks of individual candidates based
on their performance in the same paper, and in the other units that they have sat.

We hope that this reassures you and your students who were affected. We know that you will be
supporting your students over the coming weeks, and we would be grateful if you would share this
information with them. We’ll continue to keep you fully informed of any action we take, and we'll
be in touch again before results day.

If you believe that your students were affected and you have not already contacted us, please do so at
[email protected].
Reply 3202
Original post by dush_2
hey guys did u see this ??

GCE from 2008 | Biology

13 July 2011
GCE Biology exam error

Following the error that was identified in a multiple-choice question on one of our Biology GCE papers, we'd like to update you on our plans for ensuring that no student is either advantaged by the actions we are taking or disadvantaged by this error.

The affected question was worth one mark, and this question will not be counted. The maximum
mark for the paper will be reduced from 80 to 79. Teachers will be able to see this adjustment in the
published mark scheme, which will be available to Edexcel Online users on Friday 15 July 2011.

In addition, we've considered whether this question might have affected student performance on the remaining questions in the same paper, either because they ran out of time, or because they were distracted by the error. Using data from our online marking system, we will be able to analyse student performance at individual question level and identify:

whether the question has affected the performance of the whole cohort on this paper
any student whose performance in their answers following the question concerned is out of
line with their performance on the questions before it.

We will then be able to compare individual student performance on this unit with other units that
they have sat. If necessary, an adjustment will be made to the marks of individual candidates based
on their performance in the same paper, and in the other units that they have sat.

We hope that this reassures you and your students who were affected. We know that you will be
supporting your students over the coming weeks, and we would be grateful if you would share this
information with them. We’ll continue to keep you fully informed of any action we take, and we'll
be in touch again before results day.

If you believe that your students were affected and you have not already contacted us, please do so at
[email protected].

Here is the source

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/biology/pages/viewNotice.aspx?notice=2491
Reply 3203
hey guys i have uploaded the MS for all the subjects just check them and plz dont forget to give me +rep
Original post by dush_2
hey guys i have uploaded the MS for all the subjects just check them and plz dont forget to give me +rep

heyy .....cant find markscheme for this paper ,so can you upload it here ?
Reply 3205
Original post by raednassar

here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1707611
Reply 3206

dont forget to add +rep plzzz

it is just QP ...No MS !
Also I need 6B MS..... thanx a lot :biggrin:
Reply 3208
it is just QP ...No MS !
Also I need 6B MS..... thanx a lot :biggrin:

hey just dnt worry i hv attach all the MS in the biology exam section !!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=370
Reply 3209
thanks
Reply 3210
Original post by ymail
thanks

plz add me +rep
Reply 3211
Original post by dush_2
hey just dnt worry i hv attach all the MS in the biology exam section !!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=370

hey i got -rep for this ??
I can't seem to find the Mark Schemes on these pages, or maybe I'm just too lazy to search?
So! For all the lazy people who don't like goose chases, I've attached it. :P
Reply 3213
Original post by brendan.
I can't seem to find the Mark Schemes on these pages, or maybe I'm just too lazy to search?
So! For all the lazy people who don't like goose chases, I've attached it. :P

Thank you soooo much :biggrin: could you please put up the one for chemistry unit 5 too :smile:
Original post by fazzyd
Thank you soooo much :biggrin: could you please put up the one for chemistry unit 5 too :smile:

It's okay! I think this is it?
Reply 3215
It's okay! I think this is it?

Yep that's it! thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3216
have you got OCR chemistry mark scheme f325??
Original post by jklm123
have you got OCR chemistry mark scheme f325??

As far as I know, only Edexcel have released their mark schemes at the moment. Also, I don't have the OCR password! Sorry! :frown:
Reply 3218
As far as I know, only Edexcel have released their mark schemes at the moment. Also, I don't have the OCR password! Sorry! :frown:

could you post the maths and french edexcel papers?
Original post by ymail
could you post the maths and french edexcel papers?

Which papers are these?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending