The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
It's gonna be a KILLER ! :wink:
Reply 921
skotch
...and also always say medulla (both the ventilation centre and the cardiovascular control centre are there) and either sympathetic or parasympathetic nerve! Guarenteed 3 marks at least even if you say the wrong kind of receptor!

lol this is whats called exam technique
Reply 922
nobody using the chat?
Reply 923
poojatanwani7
there you go, I think this is the mark scheme you want.

Thank you so much!!!!
samydude
Do you have the Mark Scheme for it ?

poojatanwani7 just posted it on the last page :smile:
Reply 924
The Stig's student cousin
**** it. I really can't be bothered any more.

lol me too but im supprised how well my brain is absorbing all my last minute revision, i am actually relly chuffed :yep:

i reallly fookinn hate edexel 'DID YOU KNOW' boxes...
who givess a ****:woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3:
Reply 925
Bring on the multiple choice questions!
mariame
lol me too but im supprised how well my brain is absorbing all my last minute revision, i am actually relly chuffed :yep:

i reallly fookinn hate edexel 'DID YOU KNOW' boxes...
who givess a ****:woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3:

Haha same! I thought I'd never learn this stuff!
Reply 927
fizzybubble
Haha same! I thought I'd never learn this stuff!

Good ol' Cerebrum!
Reply 928
whoah nearly done all final last min notes. gonna go over them and then blah hope im ready.
as for article, tomorrow morning >_<

Doughboy, not to sound like a nag, but seeing as your previous summary helped with the initial part of the article, when do you think you will summarise the rest? Sorry & thanks a bunch
Reply 929
could anyone summarise the important points of the brains and behaviour section?? i've been going thru it like a thousand times and i still cant catch anything!
Reply 930
Really Cannot be bothered with this exam. I hope it's easier than unit 4
sidrah
Here's the Jan 2010 paper from the old spec. I removed my answers, which is why there are some blank spaces.

hi sidrah i just tried to download this paper but it said that there is a wrong code? any help would be appreciated:smile:
Reply 932
orangeism
could anyone summarise the important points of the brains and behaviour section?? i've been going thru it like a thousand times and i still cant catch anything!

Someone has already posted this a while ago.

Check around the 20/30 page mark of the thread (lol)
Can anyone help me possibly?
I've got myself a bit confused about what an excitatory or inhibitory neurone is.
And also regarding gener therapy, there is lipisome-DNA complex, virus and what other methods?
Thank you!
Also who posted those mind maps, because I would like to marry you?

Oh ALSO haha, do we need to learn the studies, eg Muller-lyer and all the names etc?
Reply 934
dynamikal
whoah nearly done all final last min notes. gonna go over them and then blah hope im ready.
as for article, tomorrow morning >_<

Doughboy, not to sound like a nag, but seeing as your previous summary helped with the initial part of the article, when do you think you will summarise the rest? Sorry & thanks a bunch

this will be my plan of strategy too..:yep: :yep:
-im sooo glad the exams at 1pm

cumm on guys we can do it!
push it revision machines :dumbells:
Reply 935
Can someone describe to me the various methods used in producing GMOs?

I know we inset human genes into microorganims to get insulin/humulin. We inject genes into plants and culture them right? What about animals? Inject ova and sperm? O_o What's the exact method? Something about restriction enzymes and plasmids?
Hi, when is this exam? morning or afternoon??
hupper12345
Hi, when is this exam? morning or afternoon??

afternoon.
I wish this question would come..

"What is meant by Proof of concept" ?" LOL
Reply 939
fizzybubble
Don't know if this has been asked before but do we need to know all the growth factors and what they do : giberellin,cytokinins,ethene and abscisic acid?

nope, just IAA. can't find any mention of all the others in the orange or green textbook.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending