The Student Room Group

Most Ideal - Least Ideal place to live in London?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diabolic99
Peckham? Elephant and Castle?

Are you sure you haven't made a mistake? Peckham ain't too bad but no where near is it a good place to live. I'd rather live it up in a posh area than to stay here.

From what I've heard, Peckham's bad!
Reply 21
Original post by HumanNature1992
I live in the suburbs of West London and while it's quite nice it's a tad bit boring, rather live in the city

Same. I live in Ealing and it's fairly average. The good thing is everything you need, it's a maximum of two bus rides away.
Reply 22
You don't wanna live in Old Southall. It's near Ealing, comes under South West London. Awful place.

North, East, South & West London isn't a small place you know. Some areas are nice and some aren't. Just avoid Old Southall.
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
From what I've heard, Peckham's bad!

It really isn't imo... If you don't expose what you have nobody does anything although you always have the few who just want to fight. From experience I know certain blocks to avoid but overall it isn't that bad. Aylesbury however is one messed up area.
It really isn't imo... If you don't expose what you have nobody does anything although you always have the few who just want to fight. From experience I know certain blocks to avoid but overall it isn't that bad. Aylesbury however is one messed up area.

Well, I've never been. But my friend has; she doesn't think too great of it. :s-smilie:
Reply 25

Aylesbury isn't even in London...
Reply 26
Most ideal - Fitzrovia (including Marylebone)/ South Kensington. I currently live here and I'm completely in love. If I live in London when i'm older, some north london suburbs like Hadley Wood are pretty nice and spacious.
Least ideal - anywhere in the inner city, or far out east or south.
Well, I've never been. But my friend has; she doesn't think too great of it. :s-smilie:

Hmmm, it maybe that I'm just used to it and so see this as an everyday thing. Out of curiousity though, where abouts do you guys live?
SOUTH WEST LONDON! RICHMOND! BANG BANG!

Got a bit excited there. :colondollar:

yes, yes!!! richmond park especially.
Hmmm, it maybe that I'm just used to it and so see this as an everyday thing. Out of curiousity though, where abouts do you guys live?

Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
yes, yes!!! richmond park especially.

WOHOOOOOO! Richmond all the way! I'm really used to Richmond. No other town satisfies me! :biggrin:

Whereabouts do you live in Richmond?!:biggrin:
Original post by badapples
Quick question for y'all: I'm going down to that London to study this summer and was wondering where people tend to live outside of halls in their second year? I assume it'll depend on which uni you live in, but if (hopefully) I end up going to a uni round Bloomsbury way, then is there a general area that students end up living in?

I just ask as with other cities there is usually an unofficial 'student area' - for example Manchester has Fallowfield etc etc, but I've not yet heard of one for London.

That's because there isn't really one for London :K: Or rather, there are lots of areas that students do live in, but you'd never call them 'student areas' - they're as much a part of the fabric of the city as any other area. That's both a pro and a con of London, depending on which way you look at it (pro: the definition of city living/con: lonely place at times).

Anyway, Imperial students tend to live in Hammersmith & Fulham.
UCL students (and I presume the rest of the UoL lot in Bloomsbury) often live in Camden.

:holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lintu93
Aylesbury isn't even in London...

Nvm, I was referring to an area in South-east London. Thank you for 'correcting' me. It really is my fault though because I should've realised not everyone here is from London before typing it.
west london (excluding hounslw, feltham and south-hall)

it has the nicest middle-class and peaceful boroughs in london.
WOHOOOOOO! Richmond all the way! I'm really used to Richmond. No other town satisfies me! :biggrin:

Whereabouts do you live in Richmond?!:biggrin:

:frown: i was judging from an objective point of view. unfortunately, i live in scumy feltham.
:frown: i was judging from an objective point of view. unfortunately, i live in scumy feltham.

Oh. Ah well. Thought I found a fellow Richmonder. :frown: Feltham...hmmmm...I swear it's not scummy?
Original post by Democracy
North London clearly. Islington or Camden. Nice areas and not that expensive.

West London is obviously really nice too...Kensington, St John's Wood, etc. But very expensive :frown:

East London has some nice areas too in Hackney and Tower Hamlets.

I wouldn't like to live in South London though...Kennington and Borough are nice enough but the rest isn't.

Generally I'd be fine living anywhere in Zone 1 and most of Zone 2...but I'd hate to live in the suburbs. So boring.

Hackney? Nice? In the same sentence?
Oh. Ah well. Thought I found a fellow Richmonder. :frown: Feltham...hmmmm...I swear it's not scummy?

it is very chavy and scummy, trouble makers around at all hours of the day. i go to richmond college though.
it is very chavy and scummy, trouble makers around at all hours of the day. i go to richmond college though.

I'm going there next year. My sister goes there at the moment. lol:tongue: What do you do? :biggrin:
Original post by Bektas
Hackney? Nice? In the same sentence?

Ha! :biggrin: lol.
I'm going there next year. My sister goes there at the moment. lol:tongue: What do you do? :biggrin:

A2 history, politics, philosophy and economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending