Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with the News Associates' fast track to journalism courses..? After doing a BA and a Master's in English, is it worth it? In other words, is the course really a good way of getting into the field or does a second Master's do the same job? My understanding is that the diploma would be more practical, but is it as prestigious? Also, how are the entrance exams/ is it hard to get in?

I'm currently working on the production side at a news agency, but I find it challenging to land a proper journalism post without any previous experience etc. I'm starting my Master's next autumn so I'm just weighing my options thereafter. A 'real' profession would be nice just in case the academic career backfires

Hopefully there's someone around who's done the course or knows more about it than I do, I couldn't find much by quickly searching the forum.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.