Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    It did but 2 strands. so 74*2=148

Strand A was 26 26 20 20
    Strand B was 19 19 9 9

I think...
    Yep got the 19 can't rememba the others..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    No...
    Yes...he is right. It was 74 but 2 strands so all the numbers should add to 148

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    K.. lol yeah it was good but you can't really say youve definately got an A. kthanksbye :P
    apart from the one about more red blood cells, i think i got everything else right, remember the grade boundaries are usually 65% for an A, i got well over that by counting the marks ( potential marks ) , how did it go for you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo-x)
    it said 74
    74 base pairs... pairs = 2 :P
    74 x 2 = 148

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    I hope so, I thought it was harder than Jan 11 though, and I need 121 UMS for an A overall. I felt fine until I came on TSR >.> I hope we both did okay!
    How do you know how much you need? Do you know what the ISA grade boundary was? :afraid:

I hope we did m8!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchmeifyoucan)
    I got 53%
    Well it depends on where we reado ff the graph, so its good to know other people got similer results!
    Its just a friend of mine did a diffrent methord and got a very small number. (Like 0.05%ballpark)

ReputationRep:
    Strand A: 26 19 9 20
    Strand B: 19 26 20 9

It possibly was in a different order but this is the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchmeifyoucan)
    Yep got the 19 can't rememba the others..
    the bit you just quoted from someoneelse is correct, i did well on that paper mate, i reckon its an A, but as effkay said, lets not get complacent !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)

I really dislike biology now. And the worst thing is, is that I was fairly confident that this exam would be ok. Oh how misguided was I.
    Hehe, me too.
    I remember last night I was imagining what it would feel like to get full marks...

...well I needn't have bothered, it isn't happening any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    There was 74 base pair as there was 2 you had multilply by 2...so that dude is correct...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    apart from the one about more red blood cells, i think i got everything else right, remember the grade boundaries are usually 65% for an A, i got well over that by counting the marks ( potential marks ) , how did it go for you ?
    The red blood cells was good.
    I think i messed up on one calculation, the frog question, erm, the DNA base thing cause i didnt realise there were two strands.. woops..
    But hopefully i can still get an A? \:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zimmobug)
    why did epo decrease blood pressure?
    because the increase in red blood cells increases the volume of blood so this increases the blood pressure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    the bit you just quoted from someoneelse is correct, i did well on that paper mate, i reckon its an A, but as effkay said, lets not get complacent !!
    want to scribd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)

Yeah that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)

No, y diagonal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    I'm going this is just telling me how much of a failure that exam was.

Economics and Chemistry exam here I come....
    Dont even mention chemistry!!- meant to be revising but keep putting it off :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlissJunkie)
    I put that the pesticide would mistake the small egg for a pest... and I genuinely thought that it made sense at the time.

I also thought that the DNA base pairing thing added up to 100, and pretty much realised my mistake when we got told to put our pens down. My brain melted.
    Don't worry, I put something even more stupid - because the eggs are small, they will be large in number (:lolwut:) so they will get killed. And also, pests are small, and guess what? So are the goddamn eggs! :facepalm2:

My brain melted as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Yeah that's what I got
    Why is it diagonal.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to do.....

2 pages...

D'oh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    How do you know how much you need? Do you know what the ISA grade boundary was? :afraid:

I hope we did m8!

Using last years ISA boundaries, I need 121 76 in bio1, 43 in ISA, 240/300 for an A D:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.