Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.52%
    NO!
    71.48%

ReputationRep:
    For the very last question about bacteria and antibiotics. The question just said selection but that just means natural selection right? I hope so, cause that's what I wrote....

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me the answers to the one about taking repeated reading for the 10mm and why it was mass per unit week ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    If you put that you'd get 2 marks, I don't think you'd lose a mark for writing "lungs".
    Goodthanks.

ReputationRep:
    why are people talking about introns? which question was that?? :/ argh, more i've got wrong..

ReputationRep:
    Omg noooo! I put high affinity at first then crossed it out. OMG!
    I HATED that paper. It had nothing on the things I actually revised on (and liked), like immunological processes and xylem and phloem and cohesion tension, etc. URGH! So pissed off.

Gotta ace the Chemistry tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjb)
    What did people actually put for what is genetic diversity? I know its simple but i got stuck on that I never found a good way to phrase it.

Genetiv diversity = Differences in DNA!

I was really happy with the exam! hopefully i havent made any stupid mistakes!
    A couple of iffy HSW? Q's and the last Q' for 6 marks was relly sneaky! other then that it was quite straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjb)
    Hahah yeah we watched this video that was all inside the heart of this fat builder guy, and for the duration there was just the thudding of the heart. It was nasty.

Then it said that we have all started making these fatty deposits :O
    I watched that video :P Haha XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan02)
    why are people talking about introns? which question was that?? :/ argh, more i've got wrong..
    it was a eukaryotic, so introns/multiple repeats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simey)
    Genetiv diversity = Differences in DNA!

I was really happy with the exam! hopefully i havent made any stupid mistakes!
    A couple of iffy HSW? Q's and the last Q' for 6 marks was relly sneaky! other then that it was quite straight forward.
    I WROTE THAT! I think it was on a pastpaper haha
    And what were the two factors you should keep constant'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    What did people put for the cells lining the intestine question..??
    That was the one that most threw me (it was only 1 mark anyway... but its bugging me!!)

I thought the exam was okay... made some stupid mistakes but bio grade boundries are usually low so it shouldnt matter..
    i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    Lugsworms don't have lungs.

- Higher affinity for oxygen
    - So, hameoglobin can load with oxygen at a lower partial pressure of oxygen

[2 marks]

I think I put "the haemoglobin can reach 100% saturation at a lower partial pressures of oxygen, so more oxygen reaches respiring cells in conditions with lower lower pressure of oxygen

Might get at least a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    Temperature
    Wind/Air movement
    Humidity
    Light Intensity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithytheDrummer)
    Could someone tell me the answers to the one about taking repeated reading for the 10mm and why it was mass per unit week ?
    Allows comparison;(1)
    as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
    Salt solution without the thing??(1)
    Everything else the same (1)

ReputationRep:

do you mean for the question about transpiration?

i put

Temprature
    wind speed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketeeer)
    i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate
    I kinda ish just wrote
    Faster G1 , S1, G2 .
    (explaining what they are)

ReputationRep:
    So what did everyone put about the frogs eggs and the pesticide question?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hope everyones test went well. One thing i dont get is how some people got the percentage increase when the number went from 4 to 19 (i think thats what someone said) as 55.56%? I read the numbers as 4.4 to 20 and worked out the percentage increase to 354.5%... Help

ReputationRep:
    hey guys..firstly..what is this percentage question about MRSA..dont recall it?
    also in regards to the second question about the benefits of starch as carbohydrate..i started to write abot insolubility and crossed it out and simply wrote about water portentical beign lower due to starch presence causing water to enter by osmosis?im guessing i am completely off point??FML

ReputationRep:
    Allows comparison;(1)
    as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
    Salt solution without the thing??(1)
    Everything else the same (1)
    What about why they measure it per week? I got those two, but they asked why it was per certain time too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallal)
    For the very last question about bacteria and antibiotics. The question just said selection but that just means natural selection right? I hope so, cause that's what I wrote....
    i think they want you to refer to selection pressure, where non-resistant bacteria are killed and resistant ones survive and reproduce.. blah blah blah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.