The Student Room Group

If a college rejects you for your predicted grades, can you get accepted if you do be

tter in your actual ones? Like, if they just say that you're not accepted and you end up getting better GCSE results, what do you do? Do you phone them up and tell them to reconsider with your improved GCSE results?

My friend is worried because he thinks the only college he applied to might reject him.
Reply 1
If they just say your not accepted then well your not. However if your not accepted because of GCSE grades well then they would have offered you a conditional offer. (Most places do this anyway)
You can always phone them up and just ask them.
Reply 2
Check out UCAS adjustment...
He is talking about colleges not universities
Reply 4
Depends on how competitive the college is. A lot will just accept anyone and if they don't meet the requirements for the course they want to go on they'll just be placed on another course(i.e BTEC) on enrolment day.

I doubt they'll not give the person an offer based on predicted GCSE grades if it's not competitive.

If it is then he'd best ask his teachers to change/improve his predicted grades.

EMZ=]
Reply 5
Original post by Sadian
tter in your actual ones? Like, if they just say that you're not accepted and you end up getting better GCSE results, what do you do? Do you phone them up and tell them to reconsider with your improved GCSE results?

My friend is worried because he thinks the only college he applied to might reject him.

Depends entirely on the college.
Original post by Sadian

Original post by Sadian

Well it can not be possible that a college rejects you on the basis of your predicted grades they have to first confirm your actual grades then they should take any action.But if you think that they can do so then either call them or go and meet them.Tell them your actual grades then they will surely think once before rejecting you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending