The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by CraigKirk
If you haven't had an interview yet, that timeframe for decisions doesn't count for you. They hold an admissions board to make decisions for interviewees, not more invites. Sorry if I got your hopes up! :frown:

darn it :frown:
Reply 381
Original post by crazychef
Sure, I'm a home candidate,
GCSEs: 7A*s
IGCSEs: 2 A*s, 1 A

AS: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Politics AAAA

A2 prediction: 4A*s

UKCAT: 712.5

Sent off on the 11th October

Work Exp:
1 Wk UK hospital
2Wks hosputal abroad
GP
Working with disable children
Long term at Hospice
St John
organise science soc.
+other volunteering +school stuff

thanks mate! you've got some good stats and EC's and you got an advantage due to good ukcat. congrats again on interview! rock it
Reply 382
Original post by .eXe
thanks mate! you've got some good stats and EC's and you got an advantage due to good ukcat. congrats again on interview! rock it

Thanks!:biggrin:
Reply 383
So when is the next batch of interviews given out if the first have all been given out?
Original post by Aysha92
Does Bath actually have a school of medicine? I can't find any info on it, only the school of Sport and exercise medicine. Could you post a link please? Thanks

I want to know, too! Why is there no information on it?! O_o

EDIT: found this: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mdms

...Apparently there's only postgraduate medicine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by .eXe
You meant october right?

Yes sos I meant October :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by TheDustyKid
I want to know, too! Why is there no information on it?! O_o

EDIT: found this: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mdms

...Apparently there's only postgraduate medicine.

Thanks
Original post by Oggz
So when is the next batch of interviews given out if the first have all been given out?

i believe they interview in november and february, so im guessing if your in the february batch to get interviewd you will know about 2 weeks before hand (or 8 days in my case) so end of jan or in feb time.
Reply 388
Original post by DanHancock
i believe they interview in november and february, so im guessing if your in the february batch to get interviewd you will know about 2 weeks before hand (or 8 days in my case) so end of jan or in feb time.

Yep, 4 days in November and 4 in February!
Original post by crazychef
Just got an interview for the 26th! :biggrin: applied on 11/10/11

I applied before you :/ i applied on the 6th, im probably gonna get rejected.
Congratulations though :smile: im happy for you and good luck
Reply 390
I applied on 14th, but I am intl so I doubt I will be getting an interview anytime soon (if ever :frown:)
Does BSMS do multi mini interviews now?
Reply 392
Original post by heartshapedbox
I applied before you :/ i applied on the 6th, im probably gonna get rejected.
Congratulations though :smile: im happy for you and good luck

They don't necessarily do them in chronological order, it could be based on where you are from, UKCAT score (with highest scoring first) or could be those with the highest scores on each part of the selection procedure who are interviewed first.
Original post by andrewpeters

Original post by andrewpeters
Does BSMS do multi mini interviews now?

Nope.
So I guess thats it for interviews for 2011.

Lets just pray those of us without interviews will get one in February!
Does anyone know when BSMS starts to give out offers?
Reply 396
Original post by DanHancock

I know people who got interview invitations for BSMS for late March, so there should be more batches.
Reply 397
Original post by mayaconnolly
Does anyone know when BSMS starts to give out offers?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if BSMS wait for all the interviews are done before offering places?
Reply 398
Last year, according to that years equivalent thread, offers and rejections were given for November interviews in the few days on and after December the 15th.

However, at the interview day, they indicated that offers could come in January... but it sounded like they want to get the offers from November done before the February interviews.
Original post by AGM
Last year, according to that years equivalent thread, offers and rejections were given for November interviews in the few days on and after December the 15th.

However, at the interview day, they indicated that offers could come in January... but it sounded like they want to get the offers from November done before the February interviews.

Great, so IF I get an interview in Feb, half the places will have been filled.

Just means I'll have to smile extra hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending