Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigKirk)
    If you haven't had an interview yet, that timeframe for decisions doesn't count for you. They hold an admissions board to make decisions for interviewees, not more invites. Sorry if I got your hopes up!
    darn it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychef)
    Sure, I'm a home candidate,
    GCSEs: 7A*s
    IGCSEs: 2 A*s, 1 A

AS: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Politics AAAA

A2 prediction: 4A*s

UKCAT: 712.5

Sent off on the 11th October

Work Exp:
    1 Wk UK hospital
    2Wks hosputal abroad
    GP
    Working with disable children
    Long term at Hospice
    St John
    organise science soc.
    +other volunteering +school stuff
    thanks mate! you've got some good stats and EC's and you got an advantage due to good ukcat. congrats again on interview! rock it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    thanks mate! you've got some good stats and EC's and you got an advantage due to good ukcat. congrats again on interview! rock it
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So when is the next batch of interviews given out if the first have all been given out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    Does Bath actually have a school of medicine? I can't find any info on it, only the school of Sport and exercise medicine. Could you post a link please? Thanks
    I want to know, too! Why is there no information on it?! O_o

EDIT: found this: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mdms

...Apparently there's only postgraduate medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    You meant october right?
    Yes sos I meant October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDustyKid)
    I want to know, too! Why is there no information on it?! O_o

EDIT: found this: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mdms

...Apparently there's only postgraduate medicine.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    So when is the next batch of interviews given out if the first have all been given out?
    i believe they interview in november and february, so im guessing if your in the february batch to get interviewd you will know about 2 weeks before hand (or 8 days in my case) so end of jan or in feb time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanHancock)
    i believe they interview in november and february, so im guessing if your in the february batch to get interviewd you will know about 2 weeks before hand (or 8 days in my case) so end of jan or in feb time.
    Yep, 4 days in November and 4 in February!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychef)
    Just got an interview for the 26th! applied on 11/10/11
    I applied before you :/ i applied on the 6th, im probably gonna get rejected.
    Congratulations though im happy for you and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 14th, but I am intl so I doubt I will be getting an interview anytime soon (if ever )

ReputationRep:
    Does BSMS do multi mini interviews now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartshapedbox)
    I applied before you :/ i applied on the 6th, im probably gonna get rejected.
    Congratulations though im happy for you and good luck
    They don't necessarily do them in chronological order, it could be based on where you are from, UKCAT score (with highest scoring first) or could be those with the highest scores on each part of the selection procedure who are interviewed first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    Does BSMS do multi mini interviews now?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    So I guess thats it for interviews for 2011.

Lets just pray those of us without interviews will get one in February!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when BSMS starts to give out offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanHancock)
    I know people who got interview invitations for BSMS for late March, so there should be more batches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayaconnolly)
    Does anyone know when BSMS starts to give out offers?
    I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if BSMS wait for all the interviews are done before offering places?

ReputationRep:
    Last year, according to that years equivalent thread, offers and rejections were given for November interviews in the few days on and after December the 15th.

However, at the interview day, they indicated that offers could come in January... but it sounded like they want to get the offers from November done before the February interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGM)
    Last year, according to that years equivalent thread, offers and rejections were given for November interviews in the few days on and after December the 15th.

However, at the interview day, they indicated that offers could come in January... but it sounded like they want to get the offers from November done before the February interviews.
    Great, so IF I get an interview in Feb, half the places will have been filled.

Just means I'll have to smile extra hard!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.