The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Computing and Human Biology
Original post by manic_fuzz
OCR, we have to memorise 15 psychological studies... as well as psychological investigations (which is basically knowing how to conduct an experiment) :s-smilie:
ahh, well that's obviously going to be loooads more interesting than what i'm doing :rolleyes: good luck with it :biggrin:

Oh how strange :tongue: I did AQA so you had to memorise studies ie Harlow et al (1963) etc.
But that was only to help with your evaulation of theories.
What are you going to be doing? I've nearly finished my first year and loved it!
Original post by missaphrodite
Oh how strange :tongue: I did AQA so you had to memorise studies ie Harlow et al (1963) etc.
But that was only to help with your evaulation of theories.
What are you going to be doing? I've nearly finished my first year and loved it!

Oooh, we have a 2hour exam just on the studies :|
I'm hoping to go into medicine :smile: *fingers-crossed* ah great :biggrin: i used to want to go into psychology, but changed my mind :tongue:
Reply 83
Accounting and single ict !!!!

Would have been better off with further maths and physics
English Literature- Was good at it in GCSE level, realised I wasn't so brilliant at A level. I couldn't understand reading into poems/stories and picking out things that weren't there, or that were possibly interpreted.
Reply 85
government and politics pn;y done it because the teacher has massive baps
Reply 86
Product Design - cause the moderators are really dumb.
Original post by manic_fuzz
Oooh, we have a 2hour exam just on the studies :|
I'm hoping to go into medicine :smile: *fingers-crossed* ah great :biggrin: i used to want to go into psychology, but changed my mind :tongue:

Ouch!
Yeees I guessed from your subjects you'd say that! Well good luck :smile:
I wanted to go into medicine but changed my mind :wink: mostly because I can't stand gore.
Physics :erm: dropping it as soon as I finish the AS
Reply 89
Media Studies! So much to learn. All those theories and analysing of music videos, trailers and magaziners and posters! And the coursework drove me mad!

Dropping it next year, thank God!
French! Fine at AS, horrific at A2...
I wish I had done biology and psychology instead of English and history, because I just didn't enjoy them at A Level.
Reply 92
Maths!! ugh its just horrible
Reply 93
Has to be chemistry, took it thinking I would be good at it at the same time I enjoyed maths, but when i got to college my maths went out the window and hated chemistry.
My ideal subjects now would have been Biology, Economics, Pyscology and would have kept my ICT at AS, the benifit of hindsight
Reply 94
Computing. I should have picked something I can do with no effort, like English.
Art. It's not particularly hard, but there is such a ridiculous amount of work involved that it makes it hard. Only in this awful subject would you get set 10,000 words of research to do. It has definitely interfered with my other A Levels and has taken away my love for art. I now despise it, when I used to enjoy painting or drawing in my spare time. Plus, it's not even seen as a good A Level in the first place, despite how draining it is.
Reply 96
Physics! Cannot stress enough how much hatred I have for the subject now

And unit 5 biology. Ugh!
Reply 97
Physics, thankfully I got a B in it at AS and was allowed to drop it :')
Reply 98
History, just like learning a massive, pointless novel.
I hated English literature at A2! AS was great, we studied Shakespeare and Chaucer, but at A2 it was Gothic literature (snore) and Sylvia Plath (depression overload).

Quick Reply

Latest