The Student Room Group

Does evening primrose oil interfere with the pill?

Basically what the title says. I'm on femodene but it's making me very hormonal, made my periods worse, given me really bad PMS. Definitly coming off it as soon as I can, but in the mean time have read evening primrose oil can help with these symptoms, am just worried I might have also heard somewhere that it stops the pill being effective, can anybody clear this up for me. Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by happyhappyperson
Basically what the title says. I'm on femodene but it's making me very hormonal, made my periods worse, given me really bad PMS. Definitly coming off it as soon as I can, but in the mean time have read evening primrose oil can help with these symptoms, am just worried I might have also heard somewhere that it stops the pill being effective, can anybody clear this up for me. Cheers :smile:

How long have you been on the pill?
Original post by anon2010
How long have you been on the pill?

Have been on femodene for 2 months after switching from mycrogynon - because that also made my periods longer/heavier - which i was on for about 6 month
Reply 3
Give the new pill about 3 - 4 months.

Remember the pill is a hormone and so it is going to effect you, some more than others. You need to give your body enough time to adjust. 2months in not long enough for that to happen.

I have had problems with different pills and my period and it only calmed down when I stuck on one pill for long enough.

I would not recommend taking any supplements along side your pill unless you speak to a doctor or pharmacist first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending