The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kurdt Morello
Yes the permanent replacement is someone quite different - i think he is very smooth and gels well with the panel

I thought he were one of the best too. He has the superiority about him but is also quite plain, which allows the others to take over. He is so like Angus. Jimmy Carr, didn't seem political enough but I think Anne Robinson would be perfect.
Reply 41
happysunshine
I thought he were one of the best too. He has the superiority about him but is also quite plain, which allows the others to take over. He is so like Angus. Jimmy Carr, didn't seem political enough but I think Anne Robinson would be perfect.

i think they should bring back angus. all the furore about him has died down by now.
elpaw
i think they should bring back angus. all the furore about him has died down by now.

He was really good :frown: But it would look very stupid to have him back after not having him for so long.

I'm glad they are stopping the guest presenter thing now, it put a lot of strain onto the three guests to perform well.
Reply 43
Pegasus
Don't know if any of you have heard but they have a permanent host for HIGNFY now, and unfortunatley its not Boris Johnson:

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_860153.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines

pity its not. i havent heard of this guy. who is he? i didnt see it when he was on it b4. its on 2nite anyway as a repeat.
Moochy
pity its not. i havent heard of this guy. who is he? i didnt see it when he was on it b4. its on 2nite anyway as a repeat.

A little posh and witty. Very good. He is a comedian.
Reply 45
i still don't think anyone could be as good as angus though
Reply 46
emom100
i still don't think anyone could be as good as angus though

nah didnt like him much. slightly annoying.
Reply 47
Angus's last show was the best. A total classic.
Angus's last show was the best. A total classic.

Which was that?

The best one was where Paul wore the T-shirt!

I'm guessing that Ian is liked more than Paul on here. But I think Paul is the funniest!
Reply 49
happysunshine
Which was that?

The best one was where Paul wore the T-shirt!

I'm guessing that Ian is liked more than Paul on here. But I think Paul is the funniest!

Yes, that was funny as well, but the last one was when tehre was a few female hecklers trying to defend Angus. They got slaughtered by Paul and co's wit. It had me in stitches for a long time.
Yes, that was funny as well, but the last one was when tehre was a few female hecklers trying to defend Angus. They got slaughtered by Paul and co's wit. It had me in stitches for a long time.

When was this on? I must watch it on UKGold!
Reply 51
happysunshine
When was this on? I must watch it on UKGold!

You should. I wish they could have angus on as a guest presenter again.
You should. I wish they could have angus on as a guest presenter again.

He was very good. But like Ian and Paul said, how could he ever tell jokes about anybody else?
Reply 53
happysunshine
Jimmy Carr, didn't seem political enough but I think Anne Robinson would be perfect.

Is it just me or is Jimmy Carr really the most annoying person ever?
Reply 54
I think Alexander Armstrong will make a good presenter, I don't think I had seen him on anything before so I wasn't influenced by any past work that he had done (good or bad) whereas with other presenters i.e Anne Robinson, who are better known, could prove to unpopular.
Reply 55
Pegasus

Im sorry, I just can't stand him.
Pegasus

Yes, sort of. But that is what makes him so funny!
Reply 57
Pegasus

hes ok. hes v funny but can be annoying as well
Reply 58
Pegasus
I think Alexander Armstrong will make a good presenter, I don't think I had seen him on anything before so I wasn't influenced by any past work that he had done (good or bad) whereas with other presenters i.e Anne Robinson, who are better known, could prove to unpopular.

ok saw him on the repeated one last night. i seen him b4 but didnt know what his name was. i think hell make a good presenter hes really funny.
Moochy
ok saw him on the repeated one last night. i seen him b4 but didnt know what his name was. i think hell make a good presenter hes really funny.

He is good, I like they way he is plain. It's very weird him being over 10 years younger than Ian and Paul.

Latest

Trending

Trending