The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I should think if there's only one name on the letter, there'll only be that one person in the interview. My letter had two names on it, others had three. They seem to put down everyone's name who will be in it. Remember they're not trying to scare us or catch us out in anyway. I received a whole double-sided A4 sheet with my letter practically begging me not to be nervous, they don't try to upset us or anything.
Reply 2
begging you :biggrin:
yeah i have the same wonder as i alwyas thought there would be at least 2 interviewers in the room. both of mine have only one interviewer ( written in the letter)
i dont know if its better or worse...i prefer it. but my friend said it would be better if you have 2 , because if one not like you, the other will help to make the interview less stressful...uhmm...how do you think?
Reply 3
I definitely think it probably is better to have more than one interviewer yeah. Presumably if there are two, there's a good chance they will start arguing amongst themselves, forget all about you and end up selecting you. Maybe that's wishful thinking though. :smile:
Reply 4
hmm i think it's better to have one, it's less intimidating because it's just you and the interviewer. whereas with two interviewers they chat between themselves and that's quite unnerving.
Reply 5
moojoo
hmm i think it's better to have one, it's less intimidating because it's just you and the interviewer. whereas with two interviewers they chat between themselves and that's quite unnerving.

Thank god someone said that, I was starting to worry about the fact that I've only got one in each!
what is more scary is that there might be one interviewer and another person as a 'notetaker'/....cant imagine when u r trying to find your way through those hard questions and as soon as u open ur mouth u can hear somebody scribbling down and it would make me wonder if Ive done something ridiculously wrong-_-b....BUT apparently some ppl say that the note taker is normally to examine the quality of the questions asked by the interviewer, which means that we are not the target??
I had 1 interviewer in each interview named on my letter, but there was also a postgrad student there in my first interview. He had been with the other interviewer in the morning though, so i imagine that was a little more to do with the interviewers than the interviewee - but i don't know really... 2 out of three of them weren't that scary - the other was a firey Italian woman, who was quite scary... (and i won't be convinced otherwise, no matter how much the current students were telling us she was lovely!)
Reply 8
Phew. There are many advantages and disadvantages of both. But i think it is easier to persuade one that two. Your attention is diverted.
To be honest it is the same as sex. Threesome means diversion of attention and lack of fulfillment.
Reply 9
Number of interviewers vary. Depends on the number of fellows involved in that particular subject in the college.
My letter implies that I will have one interview with two people....although other things I have read say that I will have two interviews. :/
It says it will be a 'subject based' interview, so presumably I will not have a general/personal interview? Is this normal? I'm applying to King's for Philosophy.
Reply 11
most people get two interviews. Sometimes 3 with one of them at a different college. To be honest, I haven't the foggest idea how they work the interview schedules.
Reply 12
Jigglypuff
My letter implies that I will have one interview with two people....although other things I have read say that I will have two interviews. :/
It says it will be a 'subject based' interview, so presumably I will not have a general/personal interview? Is this normal? I'm applying to King's for Philosophy.

Some people get one interview - depends on college and it can vary from year to year. This year me, my gf, and my friend all applied for maths (my gf for maths with physics), to Peterhouse, Churchill, and Pembroke respectively. My gf has one interview (despite the literature saying she would have two), I have two, and my friend has three.
Oh right, thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending