The Student Room Group

why am i acting like i don't have exams?!?!?

GCSE's are in less than 20 days and I'm acting like I don't have any D:
As I've moved up in school my effort has just totally decreased.
Why did I try so hard in year 7 when nothing mattered!!??!?!! D:
Any tips on how to make myself just a tad more motivated, apart from of course getting off the computer and putting my head into the books!!
And next year I don't know whether to study A-Levels or IB, does anyone have any positive/ negative comments on either???
Thaaaaaanks :smile:

:confused:
You need to feel more like this:

(edited 13 years ago)
My exam's next Thursday and my essay's due next Tuesday, so I'm not one to talk.

But try Wikipedia.
Reply 3
do IB if you are prepared to sacrifice your social life and all that still remains sane about you.
Reply 4
Original post by mmck93
do IB if you are prepared to sacrifice your social life and all that still remains sane about you.

haha, i've heard that IB gives you an amazing social life??
obviously the A-Level-ers at my school don't have lives :')
Reply 5
I'm in the same position here.

I suppose you probably got put off by all the hard work you had to do and the demand but really it is up to you to decide.

For motivation just think to yourself that it is only up to mid/late June then until late August when the results come in and everything else you can do whatever you want :biggrin:

Its not all about social life. A-levels can help you reach high places but so can IB's. It depends on what you want to do.
Reply 6
Wow, thats exactly how i am right now too. Must work.
I'm same and my exams are in 5 weeks I need As and Bs and I can't seem to study.
Reply 8
Errm don't do IB if you're not taking GCSE's seriously. IB makes GCSE seem like a cake walk, and as the poster said above, only do it if you're happy sacrificing all your time and effort and sleep!
Reply 9
Original post by mcdermie
haha, i've heard that IB gives you an amazing social life??
obviously the A-Level-ers at my school don't have lives :')

IB is an unnecessarily exaggerated amount of work for limited benefits, i suggest you think long and hard before making a decision.
Reply 10
Same here. Exams are in two/three weeks. Tbh, I cannot be bothered to revise anymore. Seriously.
Reply 11
haha feeling just like that right now, my exams (a-level equivalent) are in 2 1/2 weeks though :P
Reply 12
GCSE's are in less than 20 days and I'm acting like I don't have any D:
As I've moved up in school my effort has just totally decreased.
Why did I try so hard in year 7 when nothing mattered!!??!?!! D:
Any tips on how to make myself just a tad more motivated, apart from of course getting off the computer and putting my head into the books!!
And next year I don't know whether to study A-Levels or IB, does anyone have any positive/ negative comments on either???
Thaaaaaanks :smile:

:confused:

I know it sounds a bit odd, but I honestly dont think that it is ever too late to revise. A couple of hours each day, recapping, going over stuff, and you will have good grades at the end of it :smile: I know they can seem pretty daunting, but revising will make you feel calmer and more confident about going into the exams, which definitely helps :smile:

I dont know anything about IB, but I'm an A-Level student and I really enjoy them :biggrin: There are so many options, have you been to a college to look around?

Good luck :smile: xxx
You stole this title from a Facebook page :wink:

But, I know what you mean, it's insane. I have exams and I've done nothing for the past week.
Reply 14
Original post by Gemma :)!
But, I know what you mean, it's insane. I have exams and I've done nothing for the past week.

And I thought I was alone. Haven't done anything yet. In fact I had maths exam today and didn't do anything at all (managed quite well, got my 1 (A)), but still I feel like I should have studied more. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
LOOOOOL @ gemma! oh yes fb! well if u sit on fcebook, it wont do u no good, just revise, read notes anything, at the end its worth while trust me !
and A-Levels are better for univerisites etc as iv heard, thats want im hopefully doing :/ + its ur choice dont listen to people, what do YOU wanna do? :smile:
Reply 17
thanks for all your comments :smile:
and haha yes it know its a facebook group :biggrin:
at the moment i'm veering towards IB, I'm thinking about medicine and have been for a while but jeez, decisions, decisions!! D:
growing up is so much hassle :frown:
I have a textiles exam on tuesday so I've been spending sooo much time on that, can't wait until its over but then of course the real stuff begins D:
Reply 18
thanks for all your comments :smile:
at the moment i'm veering towards IB, I'm thinking about medicine and have been for a while but jeez, decisions, decisions!! D:

If you're going for medicine, do a-levels? They go into more depth so will look better. I think anyway. Passing on advice i've heard myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending