The Student Room Group

AS Biology f212 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
yey i put concerntration of enzymes....i hate biology :frown: i dont no y im doin it :ss
Original post by Groat
Was the answer time for that?

Not sure.. I see many have mentioned time but the conc. of enzyme isn't wrong either ? :s-smilie:
Reply 922
dads a doc; tamiflu is competitive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir
Reply 923
Original post by giraffegiraffe
ooh damn i put starch :frown: I did the same as you for lung cancer!

****!!! I put lipids for the last fill in gap!!!!!!
:mad:
Reply 924
Original post by rasklatz

Surely it doesn't matter?
Original post by Leeshur
I didn't because I just felt like it wasn't right. I suck at maths and calculations so I can't really explain why.

I think it's because if you add 10 to 15 - it's 25 which is what you already have so it'd be weird, IDK. :'(

It was just a mark though = ]
Reply 926
the concentration of the enzyme is a variable, but has nothing to do with the rate of the reaction
Original post by Leeshur
I got that as well, I was scared that I had to add 10 to the 15 or something, but I left it.

What a weird paper. xP

Ooops I did that too :colondollar:
Original post by rasklatz

The question was vague and did say spec. which to mention but yea a quick search on google does say it's competitive =)
I said non-competitve,they better give me the marks =/
Did anyone write : 'time for oxygen gas to be produced' as a variable to be measured in the catalase experiment?
Original post by ibysaiyan
that one mark question eas silly: why are antibiotics not used against influenza lol

i put down 'because antibiotics only treat bacterial infections'. not to sure though...
Reply 931
what do you thimk will be the grade for 150/150 UMS?
Reply 932
Original post by MissLightyear
i did both too, i wasnt sure which so thought id put that

Gutted about the CITES question, put Control of international trading of endangered species instead of conservation :frown:

urrmmm isnt it convention of endangered species lol :/ ?
the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora- CITES
Aims to monitor and regulate i. trade of specific plants and animals
to ensure that artificially propagated plants are allowed to be trades ,subject to permit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 934
Original post by Groat
Surely it doesn't matter?

Seems like it doesnt but technically it is (if you really care lol)
Reply 935
Original post by demesto
what do you thimk will be the grade for 150/150 UMS?

Everyone is saying this paper was easy, but it had some really random questions that were all down to exam technique and not knowledge. I reckon low grade boundaries (68 for an A)

Original post by darkxangel
i put down 'because antibiotics only treat bacterial infections'. not to sure though...

I said influenza is not a bacteria.

the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora- CITES

I put Constitution, I may be very hopeful in thinking that they'll still give me the mark. :colondollar:
Reply 936
Aims to monitor and regulate i. trade of specific plants and animals
to ensure that artificially propagated plants are allowed to be trades ,subject to permit.

Do you think you had to put the Wild Fauna and Flora??
What did everyone write for the question about things to look out for before making those two parrot thingy's breed?
Reply 938
Original post by Crowned Temmy

Original post by Crowned Temmy
Did anyone write : 'time for oxygen gas to be produced' as a variable to be measured in the catalase experiment?

yh
Original post by t_star
Do you think you had to put the Wild Fauna and Flora??

Nope =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending