The Student Room Group

When I look at the Royal Family I realise that I will be a peasant till I die

Such wealth and power is something we can only dream of.
Sure, we could aquire this type of wealth through entrprenuerial means but to be honest you gotta be really lucky - thats why only a few out of a billion make it big.

Don't give me that bull**** that everyone has an equal chance - thats the kind of false hope we are filled with in our day to day lives whether it be auditioning for the Xfactor or expecting to win the lottery.

As far as I know, I won't ever make it big, and neither will 99% of you lot. The 1% will simply exploit us and live of our hard work. When I look at the Royal Family/rich people I realise that I will just be a peasant for the rest of my life stuck in a dead in end job.

Maybe it is down to luck, or maybe its just down to cruel calculating chance.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Original post by Broderss
Be the change you want to see in the world.

thats what they all say.
**** whatever you or anyone else thinks, I'm going to work hard, get into banking, get really rich and then laugh at the people who post online who stay in a rut until the day they die.

I'm also going to laugh at people who put other people down purely because they're doing **** with their life and want others to be miserable too. Watch me.

I've been like this since I first learnt how many people in my family own a Lambo. None, is the answer. Not right now, anyway.

Edit: 5 jealous and bitter people that have no motivation who have read my post. :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Money and Power does not equal happiness.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

Says the one who cannot acquire the money or power...

Its an infinite loop.
Reply 6
Original post by slavetosociety
thats what they all say.

Do it. There's nothing stopping you. You just have to be intelligent and have courage and if you do there's nothing stopping you. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

You just have to be smart and have motivation in life and the ones left behind are either stupid enough to get fooled or don't care about being the fool.
oh well, you live and you die. might as well make the most of life whilst you're still here cos you won't get another chance at it.
Reply 8
Become richer than them and then laugh at them.
Reply 9
Such wealth and power is something we can only dream of.
Sure, we could aquire this type of wealth through entrprenuerial means but to be honest you gotta be really lucky - thats why only a few out of a billion make it big.

Don't give me that bull**** that everyone has an equal chance - thats the kind of false hope we are filled with in our day to day lives whether it be auditioning for the Xfactor or expecting to win the lottery.

As far as I know, I won't ever make it big, and neither will 99% of you lot. The 1% will simply exploit us and live of our hard work. When I look at the Royal Family/rich people I realise that I will just be a peasant for the rest of my life stuck in a dead in end job.

Maybe it was down to luck or maybe its just down to cruel calculating chance.

IF all of you decided not to work, they couldn't exploit you. Enough people are happy working for them to be 'exploited'.
Reply 10
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

Try being happy when you have no money or no power.
Ha I completely agree with you Op. Watching the wedding was like looking at a different world. But only a few hundred aristocrats live like that.

Just to put my mind at rest, please don't buy an AK47, and definitely don't start reading Karl Marx. The world has had it's fair share of communist revolutionaries.
Original post by ussumane
Become richer than them and then laugh at them.

The Queen is worth trillions of £££ if you include all the property she owns.
Why not stalk them and become a notorious peasant? Better than just being a peasant :frown:
Reply 14
In Brighton everyones a queen
Reply 15
Stop being bloody cynical. Of course, it's a hell of a lot harder to make a fortune and marry a Prince if your parents are on the minimum wage, but there's no point in thinking like that. We all have an innate capacity for something, and maximising that's all you can really do.

The key, predictably, lies somewhere between education, and aspiration.
Reply 16
The Queen is worth trillions of £££ if you include all the property she owns.

Still not even in the top 10 richest people in the World.
Haha, I was just thinking this.....then I realised that if I didn't revise and make a change, I definately will be a peasant

No revision = poor A levels = no university = no wonga = no pussy = no family = sadness = depression = stress = mental = suicide :frown:
Original post by bognor-regis
Ha I completely agree with you Op. Watching the wedding was like looking at a different world. But only a few hundred aristocrats live like that.

Just to put my mind at rest, please don't buy an AK47, and definitely don't start reading Karl Marx. The world has had it's fair share of communist revolutionaries.

Nah, I'm not a commie nor ever will be! Its just as worse as capitalism except cap is much more stable....as they say.
Original post by inksplodge
oh well, you live and you die. might as well make the most of life whilst you're still here cos you won't get another chance at it.

so true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending