The Student Room Group

Eton College Universities Summer School, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

blahblah9
why is eton the same time as oxford and cambridge open days?

it just is?
Reply 381
bob9001
Hi everyone!

Accepted for chemistry with biology :biggrin: chuffed!
anyone else doing this course?

I guess I'll see you there =D
Skittle
I guess I'll see you there =D

oooo coool :smile:!
anyone else in for politics and economics?
Reply 384
Classics anyone?
Not really sure what I'm doing, I put down Latin and Ancient History, but the letter I got wasn't that clear about what I'm doing.
Grabski
Classics anyone?
Not really sure what I'm doing, I put down Latin and Ancient History, but the letter I got wasn't that clear about what I'm doing.

yeah the letter i got didnt mention anything about my course (politics and econ) but im not sure if its different for the people doing classics hmm
Reply 386
blahblah9
yeah the letter i got didnt mention anything about my course (politics and econ) but im not sure if its different for the people doing classics hmm

Mine said something like "you've been accepted for the course you applied for" so i'd assume that means it's all good, but it went on to mention the latin in detail and the possibility of doing greek, but nothing about ancient history. I'm sure it'll be good whatever happens though, i do some greek too :smile:
i swear nobody is doing history...lol
Reply 388
paddy__power
i swear nobody is doing history...lol

I'm doing History. I got accepted a couple of days ago :woo:
I guess i'll see you there :biggrin:
Stanley.K
I'm doing History. I got accepted a couple of days ago :woo:
I guess i'll see you there :biggrin:

haha, well you might do yea =]

congratulations mate... you have a strong application then (just asking as you only just got your acceptance)

where you from (pardon the noseyness)

=]
Why havn't I had any feedback yet?? :/ I think I should call them up tomorrow..it's been aaages!
Reply 391
A Lesson to Learn..
Why havn't I had any feedback yet?? :/ I think I should call them up tomorrow..it's been aaages!

No idea, you should have called them ages ago. I think every one that got in has already been told the arrangements and has paid the £320 for the summer school.

I'm in for politics and economics btw.
A Lesson to Learn..

what subject? it seems some were only recently resolved...but others, form hat i can gather, were decided long ago.

in any case you should certainly ring...or send a nice email xd
paddy__power
what subject? it seems some were only recently resolved...but others, form hat i can gather, were decided long ago.

in any case you should certainly ring...or send a nice email xd

Okay BIG PROBLEM!! I did try phoning, but I was told that the man in charge is away on a business trip until June 1st, and that there is no other way to contact him until then. :frown: Is there a deadline on the letter of acceptances for payment? Just in-case there has been some muddle-up, and I do get in then I don't want to miss any deadline :s-smilie: I don't know what to do now!

I applied for the Chemistry with Biology course..
A Lesson to Learn..
Okay BIG PROBLEM!! I did try phoning, but I was told that the man in charge is away on a business trip until June 1st, and that there is no other way to contact him until then. :frown: Is there a deadline on the letter of acceptances for payment? Just in-case there has been some muddle-up, and I do get in then I don't want to miss any deadline :s-smilie: I don't know what to do now!

I applied for the Chemistry with Biology course..

im sure that in the event that it was a mix up on there part that they would allow late (er) payment. Im fairly sure most people for that kind of thing were told long ago though...try to focus on exams for now and just call again on the first/second to check

all is well (H)

<3
guys did you get the email? it's been cancelled
Reply 396
Yes. Cancelled. Devastated.
Reply 397
My school runs a week residential course on management at the same time as Eton and I said I couldn't go!

I just hope they can fit me in...
Reply 398
RMorley
My school runs a week residential course on management at the same time as Eton and I said I couldn't go!

I just hope they can fit me in...

I Have GOT TO find an english course now!!
thata not good.

Quick Reply

Latest