The Student Room Group

Eton College 16+ applications

There is very little information about admission to Eton at the start of sixth form at 16, for a fee-paying place, not the Orwell award. Does anyone know anything about it?
Reply 1
oh, my little brother did Eton's entry for his 11+, I'm not really sure if it helps but I think the majority of it should be similar. So he had 2 entry test, one's ISEB, testing on his general vocabulary and learning ability, after this he entered the second round which is common entrance, he did papers on many subjects (but I think for 16+ is the 3 subjects that u want to do in A-Level, which is much more friendly, I think it will be GCSE based but later in the paper they will have some harder ones) Hope this helps, good luck with your application!
Reply 2
ohhhhhhhhhhh sorry you mean applying for Eton? I'm not really sure but I'll ask my mum tomorrow and try to reply!

Original post by dire_rear
There is very little information about admission to Eton at the start of sixth form at 16, for a fee-paying place, not the Orwell award. Does anyone know anything about it?
Reply 3
hey there, i've just been offered a fee-paying 16+ spot at Eton starting in September 2023. If you have. any questions I'd be happy to explain the application process!!
Original post by dire_rear
Reply 4
Original post by WIDGET123
hey there, i've just been offered a fee-paying 16+ spot at Eton starting in September 2023. If you have. any questions I'd be happy to explain the application process!!

Is the selection process any different to Orwell Award? What is the competition like, and how many places were there in your year? (For other years I've heard around 3) Also, what did you do to boost your application, enhance your CV?
Reply 5
Original post by WIDGET123

Hey @WIDGET123, I was just asked to help someone prepare for the 16+ exam and it’s been ages since I looked at it. Is it still just GCSE-style questions with the occasional a-level-style question? Thanks in advance for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending