The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LC01
If you think being gay is the normal thing, one can only presume you think being straight is abnormal. I belive you are the one living in ignorance, ignorance of the natural way of things.

why is it that normal has to be one definition and automatically render everything else abnormal. Surely normal is the diversity which is so evident in day to day life?
Reply 441
red_roadkill
Ohhh well that's just great for you :rolleyes:

I think your point about "being gay is not normal" is completely flawed by the fact that it is NOT a choice and that it is wholly uncontrollable to a gay person. Therefore, it is natural and it is normal. Society is telling you that it isn't normal, and I feel sorry for you that you can't think beyond those barriers that are set in place.

Oh, sp *accept, not except.

If I always went along with society I would not have joined the British National Party, a party that goes beyond the barriers of society quite a lot.
Reply 442
Sophistress
No dear, the world isn't that black and white. Honest.

Quite.

Returning to the matter at-hand; LCO1: would you like for me to cull the World's dyslexics, paraplegics and sensually-impaired now; or after all those pesky, "abnormal" homosexuals have been rightfully disposed of?
LC01
If I always went along with society I would not have joined the British National Party, a party that goes beyond the barriers of society quite a lot.

BNP :eek: Need I say more.
LC01 - How can you support such a party? What about fairness, morality and equality?
LC01

O dear, your obviously a very confused individual. So what your saying is it's ok to go against what society considers "normal" in your opinion and join the BNP but its not ok to be gay because thats just too abnormal?? So you expect people to tolerate your views when you wont tolerate other peoples lives and choice of sexual partners? I sense a whiff of hypocrisy....
Reply 446
LC01

Oh dear; such abnormality I find to be, quite frankly, socially unacceptable.

Guards!
Reply 447
Profesh
Quite.

Returning to the matter at-hand; LCO1: would you like for me to cull the World's dyslexics, paraplegics and sensually-impaired now; or after all those pesky, "abnormal" homosexuals have been rightfully disposed of?

I never said anything like that, I even said I can tolerate gays and even supported them adopting kids. All I said was "theres the problem that the kids might grow up thinking being gay is normal" I never ever said anything about dyslexics, paraplegics and sensually-impaired.
Reply 448
madjackie
O dear, your obviously a very confused individual. So what your saying is it's ok to go against what society considers "normal" in your opinion and join the BNP but its not ok to be gay because thats just too abnormal?? So you expect people to tolerate your views when you wont tolerate other peoples lives and choice of sexual partners? I sense a whiff of hypocrisy....

I said I DO tolerate gays but I personally dont consider them normal.
LC01

So please enlighten me, how exactly does that work? how do you tolerate something but at the same time, in the same breath even label it abnormal?? In my opinion those are contradictory terms.
Reply 450
Just trying to catch up on the argument here-and just to add my opinion. There is no reason why homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt. There is no evidence that it is detrimental to the child. Quite the opposite in fact, it has been found that children raised by adoptive parents (straight and gay) and those born by IVF can actually be cared for more, and be brought up in a more stable environment due to the intense nature of IVF/adoption. Beacause of the difficulty involved they are often considered to be wanted more. (I do have the study somewhere to back this up if anyone is interested-its just that its at the bottom of a very large pile of paper!!) There is also little chance of the child being gay just because the parents are (its not like its communicable). The child could be open to experimentation but this has been seen in the long run to result in a happy individual who is more secure in their sexuality (and not neccessarily gay).

Anyway, just thought Id jump in with my little ramble :-)
God i hate the BNP.

*reaches for shotgun*
Reply 452
LC01
"theres the problem that the kids might grow up thinking being gay is normal"

Wherefore might this qualify as a 'problem'? That is, assuming you do not esteem "normality" as being vested with some arbitrary or principle valency that might predicate the stigmatisation of paraplegics, blacks, BNP members; et cetera.
Northumbrian
Gay divorce rates are much higher than those for heterosexuals.

I have evidence to prove otherwise

Amsterdam - Gay Dutch couples appear to divorce at a rate of about one percent a year - the same rate as heterosexual married couples, according to government data released on Monday. -Source News 24.
Reply 454
madjackie
So please enlighten me, how exactly does that work? how do you tolerate something but at the same time, in the same breath even label it abnormal?? In my opinion those are contradictory terms.

They are not contradictory at all, I think its abnormal but I would not deny two fully grown adults the right to do whatever perverted act they wish to do behind closed doors
(as long as it does not involve children/animals/deaths!) after all its none of my buisness.
Reply 455
Sophistress
Well, then I'm afraid you're living in ignorance, which, as a self-proclaimed facsist, is hardly suprising.

Good day to you, sir.

How narrow minded.

You accused me of being rude earlier, but when someone doesn't agree with your (incorrect) viewpoint suddenly you're calling them a fascist.

I'm the leader of the BNP on this board I assume that makes me a fascist too (do you even know what that means, I assume not as you can't even spell it).

Good day to you Liberal.

Andrew
LC01

Is abortion normal? I see this has to be answered. :rolleyes:
andyukguy
How narrow minded.

You accused me of being rude earlier, but when someone doesn't agree with your (incorrect) viewpoint suddenly you're calling them a fascist.

I'm the leader of the BNP on this board I assume that makes me a fascist too (do you even know what that means, I assume not as you can't even spell it).

Good day to you Liberal.

Andrew

You are being very hypocritical here. You say that sophistress is calling you a fascist for not agreeing with your viewpoint, but then you turn round and say that her viewpoint is incorrect anyway??!!!

A view is not incorrect , everyone has individual views whilst i strongly disagree with your views, i would not go ahead and say oh it is incorrect, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. :rolleyes:
LC01
They are not contradictory at all, I think its abnormal but I would not deny two fully grown adults the right to do whatever perverted act they wish to do behind closed doors
(as long as it does not involve children/animals/deaths!) after all its none of my buisness.

Who has defined gay sex as perverted??!!! Where is there proof to say that it is perverted??!!!
LC01

yeah your right there, it's not any of your business. I completley disagree with the argument that being gay is abnormal and perverted. And I still dont get the logic of your argument, you think gay people are perverted, but you support them being allowed to adopt? you class them as abnormal but agree they should be allowed to raise children?
Makes very little sense to me...

Latest

Trending

Trending