The Student Room Group

Toys R us Talent showcase??!!

Hi there, please tell me i'm not the only one applying to this.. I recently applied to a graduate management scheme in Toys r us.. and just got an email, called the woman and she's like it's just to speed up the process cos usually they take a few weeks to get back to you, whereas with this it'll be 10-15 people together and after a few activities etc, they'll get back to me in 48 hours?

ERRRMM IM CLUELESS, really panicked and nervous, its next week, what activities? Has anyone done this before? Helppppppppppp!
Reply 1
Hey, i've been invited to the "talent showcase" next week thursday, just wondering how yours went? How were the group activites? Any tips will be great! Thanks!
Reply 2
Hi

Heard this talent showcase isnt 2 bad tbh just be friendly and smile lots. Tasks are apparently :wink: going to include decided how to best organise staff to tasks based on ability so things shouldnt be over thinked. Im at this stage now. Got some inside info from a friend of a friend.... they say might need to relocate do they just say this or are they serious about moving people to the other end of the country? I live in Scotland so wouldnt fancy moving to London, although im sure its good there wouldnt be worth it due to high living costs. What does everyone think??
Reply 3
I would be interested in knowing your experieces on this subject as I am looking to apply to them myself but do not want to move away far, if i put i am not totally mobile and prefer north west will my application be binned straight away?

Original post by mj22
Hi

Heard this talent showcase isnt 2 bad tbh just be friendly and smile lots. Tasks are apparently :wink: going to include decided how to best organise staff to tasks based on ability so things shouldnt be over thinked. Im at this stage now. Got some inside info from a friend of a friend.... they say might need to relocate do they just say this or are they serious about moving people to the other end of the country? I live in Scotland so wouldnt fancy moving to London, although im sure its good there wouldnt be worth it due to high living costs. What does everyone think??
Reply 4
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the giving thoughts on the application process so far. I had a telephone interview in Jan 2012 and this week have been invited for an assessment talent showcase.

It was originally at head office, but I got an email saying its relocated to the coventry store instead (Wed 7th March). Was wondering if anyone else had this email?

Also; for those that have been through this process, could you sure with us what you went through on the day? Not after any tips, just wanted a clearer understanding of what's going to take place.

Thanks in advance!
Sanjay
Reply 5
Congratulations :smile: I hear that it is a mixture of creative and logical thinking, although researching the company back to front would definitely put you in good stead. There don't seem to be many google hits on the assessment, but I wouldn't let that phase you. Just prepare and you will be fine :smile:

Also, if you did google, ignore the first hit. I and many others have been rejected at 1st stage so don't worry about it being "a scam". I think the guy who created that link was just very bitter :tongue:
Reply 6
hi to every one i just got a mail that i was been called for the next stage of the recruitment process for management opportunities at Toys R Us for a group interview.Can any one please suggest me what should i prepare for the interview and how its going to be as this is my first graduate interview which i am going to be faced. fingers crossed.:X
help needed any suggestions...:biggrin:
WOULD BE REALLY THANK FULL:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ForKicks
Congratulations :smile: I hear that it is a mixture of creative and logical thinking, although researching the company back to front would definitely put you in good stead. There don't seem to be many google hits on the assessment, but I wouldn't let that phase you. Just prepare and you will be fine :smile:

Also, if you did google, ignore the first hit. I and many others have been rejected at 1st stage so don't worry about it being "a scam". I think the guy who created that link was just very bitter :tongue:

Hi there can u please help me how to clear up the group interview in TOYS R US graduate programme as this is my first interview i am going to be faced any suggestions and how its gone be
really great full to u if any information provided ...:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sanjay2409
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the giving thoughts on the application process so far. I had a telephone interview in Jan 2012 and this week have been invited for an assessment talent showcase.

It was originally at head office, but I got an email saying its relocated to the coventry store instead (Wed 7th March). Was wondering if anyone else had this email?

Also; for those that have been through this process, could you sure with us what you went through on the day? Not after any tips, just wanted a clearer understanding of what's going to take place.

Thanks in advance!
Sanjay

hi sanjay congrts for that hope u will get the job..
can u please say me any suggestions regarding the job interview process which u have faced as this is my first interview very tensed, got selected for the graduate programee for toys r us, any suggestions how its going to be and the process as this job is very needed to me please any suggestions and guidance would be much thankfull
Reply 9
Hi Sanjay. Its Rhiannon. I was there yesterday. You got kept back didn't you? What did they say? I'm assuming I haven't got it as I didn't get kept back and I've heard that's a really good sign. The tasks were fine really. I was surprised that there was no one to one time, unless the 3 people that got kept back were getting interviews. I didn't last as long as they said it would do.

I feel like I didn't get an opportunity to sell myself like I would at an interview, and I only had a phone interview which was really brief, so haven't actually had a proper interview.

I hope you get it Sanjay. Let me know when you find out please.

Thanks.

Rhi.
Reply 10
Hi I wonder if anyone can help I got a invite to a group interview. I'm not really nervous about this stage as group interviews are the norm these days I'm just confused about the talent showcase. What is it?!? I know I'm jumping the gun as I haven't even passed the interview stage but I want to prepare myself for it in advance.
Reply 11
Original post by rhiannonl
Hi Sanjay. Its Rhiannon. I was there yesterday. You got kept back didn't you? What did they say? I'm assuming I haven't got it as I didn't get kept back and I've heard that's a really good sign. The tasks were fine really. I was surprised that there was no one to one time, unless the 3 people that got kept back were getting interviews. I didn't last as long as they said it would do.

I feel like I didn't get an opportunity to sell myself like I would at an interview, and I only had a phone interview which was really brief, so haven't actually had a proper interview.

I hope you get it Sanjay. Let me know when you find out please.

Thanks.

Rhi.

Hi Rhi...

Sorry for the late reply... I didn't think to check back here straight away and was busy with my final year of uni. Yes, I did get a chance for a one-to-one and was able to successfully take advantage and get the job. So I start this Monday (30th July). I can't wait for the challenge ahead!

Hope all is well with you too.
Sanjay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending