The Student Room Group

EPQ Topics

I am taking Physics, History, Maths and Further Maths.

I would like to do a Physics degree at Uni however, I am very interested in Philosophy.

I wondered if there are any topics where I could link theories and data from Physics with philosophical ideologies and create an EPQ question.

I recently was researching Special Relativity however, I am interested in a lot of different Physics topics so I just wanted some suggestions that would link both subjects nicely.
Original post by milliebbbx

I would like to do a Physics degree at Uni however, I am very interested in Philosophy.

I wondered if there are any topics where I could link theories and data from Physics with philosophical ideologies and create an EPQ question.

I recently was researching Special Relativity however, I am interested in a lot of different Physics topics so I just wanted some suggestions that would link both subjects nicely.

I'm no physicist so I can't comment 100% here, but maybe you could do something on the ethical duties/requirements of scientists? It's worth bearing in mind an EPQ isn't allowed to touch on anything you do as part of your courses, it's more a way of showing your talents in other fields which you might want to showcase to a Uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Castrovalva
I'm no physicist so I can't comment 100% here, but maybe you could do something on the ethical duties/requirements of scientists? It's worth bearing in mind an EPQ isn't allowed to touch on anything you do as part of your courses, it's more a way of showing your talents in other fields which you might want to showcase to a Uni.

Thankyou! I will keep that in mind.
Reply 3
Original post by milliebbbx

I recently was researching Special Relativity however, I am interested in a lot of different Physics topics so I just wanted some suggestions that would link both subjects nicely

Have you thought about looking at physics and philosophy joint honors, some unis do it (only a few) but you usally dont need philosophy a level in order to do this and it tends to focus more on the physics with topics like special relativity and quantum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending