The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam REVISION THREAD.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Backchatgirl
I have this tomorrow too - I've done quite a bit of revision but it's the exam technique I'm worried about :s-smilie:

Me too! It's so hard to know exactly what AQA want, especially for 2-3 mark questions!
Reply 21
I have this tomorrow too - I've done quite a bit of revision but it's the exam technique I'm worried about :s-smilie:

D evry single past paper tonight and learn any points in the marjk scheme you get wrong. Works for me, may not tonight becuase i am just starting but if you know the stuff then just start them now and anything you get wrong learn the mark scheme points.
Original post by mclovin123
D evry single past paper tonight and learn any points in the marjk scheme you get wrong. Works for me, may not tonight becuase i am just starting but if you know the stuff then just start them now and anything you get wrong learn the mark scheme points.

Yep, I've done one, having a break then doing another tonight and one tomorrow morning I think - if I do too much my brain will fry :P It's just ridiculous what they ask for, for three marks :smile:
Reply 23
I really dislike AQA ! i know pretty much all the content and stuff but it's the questions that get me, it's hard to know what they actually want you to say! I did a few past papers and on the questions that i didn't get marks i looked at the mark scheme and i knew the answers and how to apply it! its just i didn't know thats what the question was asking for.
if ya get me?!
Reply 24
Yep, I've done one, having a break then doing another tonight and one tomorrow morning I think - if I do too much my brain will fry :P It's just ridiculous what they ask for, for three marks :smile:

yeh it can be ****ing random lol :tongue:
Ok, do 3 amino acids make up a base or is it 3 bases make an amino acid? I'm sooo confused!! Which way round is it?
Reply 26
a triplet code of 3 bases codes for 1 amino acid.
amino acids can have more than 1 triplet code.
i'm so screwed

if anyone is awake which you shouldnt be! here r some predictions:

1. Plants
2. Cell cycle and cancer
3. DNA hybridisation, dissociation curves (possibly high altitudes), and the taxonomic groups.
4. Symplast pathway etc.
5. 6 marker on transport in some form or on variation
6. Tissue Fluid and Lymph
7. Meiosis
8. fish and exchange

so basically half the syllabus... oh well hope it helps nd good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending