The Student Room Group

Philosophy applicants for 2012 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by beccasayshello
Just got an offer from York, it's made my whole week :biggrin:

when did you apply for them? i applied over 6 weeks ago now and heard nothing from them!! and what was your offer?

also WELL DONE :biggrin:
Reply 381
Got offers from york and KCL this week, so I have five offers now hehe :biggrin:
Original post by hatti-l
Got offers from york and KCL this week, so I have five offers now hehe :biggrin:

Congratulations, that's incredible! When did you apply to already have five offers?
Original post by Hananabanana
Offers from York and Lancaster!! :smile:

i've applied to both and have heard nothing
ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH. ieiofioewfhahuhuhougouwgrouheougourgw all my friends have offers! :K:
im so worried it's because they dislike my statement.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! what have i doneeeeeee....
Reply 384
Original post by jacksonriddle
i've applied to both and have heard nothing
ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH. ieiofioewfhahuhuhougouwgrouheougourgw all my friends have offers! :K:
im so worried it's because they dislike my statement.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! what have i doneeeeeee....

chill jackson riddle!
Reply 385
Original post by fnicholl
dont worry i applied to kcl to do religion, philosophy and ethics too and havent heard anything. where else did you apply?

Oh that's good to hear, at least I'm not the only one! I applied to oxford, kcl, ucl, durham, heythrop and the new college of humanities.. But kcl is my first choice, just really want to hear something from them :frown: where did you apply?
Reply 386
Original post by laura94
UCL, Birmingham, Nottingham and Manchester. Rejected by UCL and offers from the rest. What about you? Have you got any offers?

I applied to Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham, Heythrop and the New college of humanities. Offer from heythrop and one interview but other than that i have heard nothing :frown: getting so worried now..
Original post by edgood93
chill jackson riddle!

i had a friend who checked her email 10 time during dinner the other night. it makes me look like i'm the chilled one.
Reply 388
Original post by Rhia23
Oh that's good to hear, at least I'm not the only one! I applied to oxford, kcl, ucl, durham, heythrop and the new college of humanities.. But kcl is my first choice, just really want to hear something from them :frown: where did you apply?

wow what are you predicted?.. those places are amazing! whats the new college of humanities?? I applied to kcl, i got an offer from nottingham :smile:, newcastle, leeds and got an offer from bristol uwe
aww thanks!! im so happy I just got an OFFER FROM NOTTINGHAM!!!! Im like ecstatic haha
have you had any more offers??
no illegally.. im such a rebel hahah

yayyyyy well done!!! what have they offered?
nope! i'm just waiting on newcastle now and it's driving me insane!
ohhh i see, haha very rebellious :wink: i'm 19 now, booooo, can't wait to get to uni!
Reply 390
wow what are you predicted?.. those places are amazing! whats the new college of humanities?? I applied to kcl, i got an offer from nottingham :smile:, newcastle, leeds and got an offer from bristol uwe

Predicted A*AA.. Its this new thing that has been started up by some really amazing thinkers like dawkins. Its a private uni but i'm trying to get a scholarship :smile: You should google it and have a look! I only heard about it recently but its a little different from your average degree though you still end up with a university of london degree at the end of it, like you would with ucl and kcl :smile: Well done on your offers! Thats fantastic :smile: what are you predictions? Still not heard anything from kcl though :/ im checking my emails every 5 minutes!
Reply 391
Original post by charlouise123456
yayyyyy well done!!! What have they offered?
Nope! I'm just waiting on newcastle now and it's driving me insane!
Ohhh i see, haha very rebellious :wink: i'm 19 now, booooo, can't wait to get to uni!

aab/a*bb/a*ac
Reply 392
Original post by Rhia23
Predicted A*AA.. Its this new thing that has been started up by some really amazing thinkers like dawkins. Its a private uni but i'm trying to get a scholarship :smile: You should google it and have a look! I only heard about it recently but its a little different from your average degree though you still end up with a university of london degree at the end of it, like you would with ucl and kcl :smile: Well done on your offers! Thats fantastic :smile: what are you predictions? Still not heard anything from kcl though :/ im checking my emails every 5 minutes!

wow that's pretty good! im predicted AAB :smile: wow sounds good...but my grades wouldnt be high enough to get in. no me neither.. have you got an interview at oxford all my friends found out last week
Reply 393
wow that's pretty good! im predicted AAB :smile: wow sounds good...but my grades wouldnt be high enough to get in. no me neither.. have you got an interview at oxford all my friends found out last week

Let me know when you hear from kcl! I know that some people already have an offer so i'm getting worried :frown: Yeah i got an interview at oxford.. but im really not that fussed, dont want to go there. Wanna go to kings! London is the place to be :smile:
Woo, received an offer from Bristol today. That makes it 3/5, just waiting for a response from Durham and my Cambridge interview on the 7th Dec
Original post by Rhia23

I talked to A C Grayling a couple of months back about the New College. It seems like a fantastic place, the courses on offer are really good too. It will definitely be a great place to go. Unfortunately it's out of my budget otherwise I would have applied (I wouldn't qualify for a bursary either)
Original post by loulou15
when did you apply for them? i applied over 6 weeks ago now and heard nothing from them!! and what was your offer?

also WELL DONE :biggrin:

Hello! Thanks :biggrin:

I applied on 9th October -AAB
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 397
Yaayyy offer from Durham : )
Reply 398
Original post by Whoracle11
I talked to A C Grayling a couple of months back about the New College. It seems like a fantastic place, the courses on offer are really good too. It will definitely be a great place to go. Unfortunately it's out of my budget otherwise I would have applied (I wouldn't qualify for a bursary either)

Yeah the courses look really good, I like the fact you can study a large range of subjects. It just worries me that nobody has really heard of it yet? It's not your typical redbrick.. It's out of my budget as well but I'm hoping to get a bursary. I will definitely be visiting though, just still unsure what I make of it...
lololol i get to meet peter vardy next week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending