The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Additional Science B6C6P6 Post-exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mkhan9035
I did the option about intensity?
and that x-rays have intensity, high frequency and energy (it woz only 1 mark but i couldn't decide so i put all 3 :tongue: )

Majid :smile:

I think i did that too :smile:. Was that the one that mentioned the word "dense" in it?
Original post by Sokka
yh I was pretty sure it was that. They actually wrote that one of them was solic, and the other was a liquid (can';t remember which) so that just left oxygen (i think) which is definately a gas, and then it had 2Cl2 at the end - I wasn't sure whether 2Cl2 was aq or g.. i put aq, but isn't chlorine a gas? I'm mixed up lol

Yeahhh the state of the reactants were given in the question already, and I put g for the Cl2 as well :smile:

Original post by Ears
What did you all put for the xray tooth? I didn't know, I put it is absorbed by the gaps? I was clueless.
I put the photons carry energy?

Yes, I put photons carry energy too as in the textbook it said 'photons are packets of energy' or something along those lines. And for the tooth question I put how the denser material doesn't let as much X-Ray go through? :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by Ears
What did you all put for the xray tooth? I didn't know, I put it is absorbed by the gaps? I was clueless.
I put the photons carry energy?

I put the one that had the word "denser" in it, can't remember what it said exactly though. the "absorbed all the gaps" one is definately wrong, it doesn't absorb the gaps, the denser materials absorb the x-rays leaving them white, and the x-rays go through the softer materials e.g. flesh and muscles turning them black on screen, so your left with white picture of the bones (or denser materials, e.g. airport- bags - stuff in back e.g. pistol :colone:)
Reply 63
Original post by Ears
A nerve impulse travels down a sensory neurone
The chemical is released
The chemical diffuses
The chemical binds onto receptor molecules
A nerve impulse travels down a motor neurone

That is the order, I think :smile:

Yeh i think u've done it right! I've done the whole thing wrong i think i did

The chemical is released
The chemical diffuses

Hmmm i dunno :confused: can someone make a mark scheme??

Reply 64
Original post by Ears
I wrote this too :smile:

Cool yh, everyone I asked wrote that too, so im pretty certain its right :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by jump123
I think i did that too :smile:. Was that the one that mentioned the word "dense" in it?

I honestly don't remember :tongue:

Reply 66
Original post by Sokka
I put the one that had the word "denser" in it, can't remember what it said exactly though. the "absorbed all the gaps" one is definately wrong, it doesn't absorb the gaps, the denser materials absorb the x-rays leaving them white, and the x-rays go through the softer materials e.g. flesh and muscles turning them black on screen, so your left with white picture of the bones (or denser materials, e.g. airport- bags - stuff in back e.g. pistol :colone:)

Yeah, I knew I had that wrong. Your explanation sounds much better :smile:
Original post by mkhan9035
Yeh i think u've done it right! I've done the whole thing wrong i think i did

The chemical is released
The chemical diffuses

Hmmm i dunno :confused: can someone make a mark scheme??

An impulse definitely travels down a sensory neurone first before the transmitter chemicals diffuse across the synapse. I'm sure of it...
Reply 68
Original post by InadequateJusticex
An impulse definitely travels down a sensory neurone first before the transmitter chemicals diffuse across the synapse. I'm sure of it...

Yes, this is true.

It was definately this:

Impulse travels down sensory
released into synapse
diffuses across synapse
binds to receptor molecules on membrane of the next neurone
trigger new electric impulse along motor neurone

(this isn't the exact wording obviously, but it was along those lines)

:smile:

EDIT: Ears beat me to it by a short while :P anyway here's his one, it's better:

"A nerve impulse travels down a sensory neurone
The chemical is released
The chemical diffuses
A nerve impulse travels down a motor neurone"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sokka
Yes, this is true.

It was definately this:

released into synapse
diffuses across synapse

EDIT: Ears beat me to it by a short while :P anyway here's his one, it's better:

The chemical is released
The chemical diffuses

:biggrin: great. That's what I got :smile:
Reply 70
Did you lot put for the flour dust one that there was an increased surface area?
Reply 71
Original post by Ears
Did you lot put for the flour dust one that there was an increased surface area?

eeeyup! Increased surface area = collisions are more likely. Wheat grains large particles - smaller surface area - collisions less likely :wink:
I just put there's more flour dust in the air to react with air so this speeded up the reaction which became an explosion T_T
Reply 73
Original post by Sokka
eeeyup! Increased surface area = collisions are more likely. Wheat grains large particles - smaller surface area - collisions less likely :wink:

Phew :smile: Hmm, I'm trying to think of some more questions.
The password one was:
Beth and Niall

and then you could have has things like a strong stimulus, repetition etc :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Sokka
Yes, this is true.

It was definately this:

released into synapse
diffuses across synapse

The chemical is released

The chemical diffuses

Well Pretty much got that right except i put Impulse travels down sensory neurone 3rd but everything else woz right (hop i get atleast 2 marks coz it woz a 3 mark question)

Reply 75
I just put there's more flour dust in the air to react with air so this speeded up the reaction which became an explosion T_T

You'll get 1 mark for saying "more to react with air so speeded up reaction" i'm sure. Not sure about the rest though, it was 3 marks right?
Reply 76
Original post by Ears
The password one was:
Beth and Niall

and then you could have has things like a strong stimulus, repetition etc :smile:

password sub-section was probably the easiest one. Yh I put beth and niall, then repetition/rehearsal of the password followed by associate it with strong stimulus e.g. sound, smell, colour etc.

what else? dogs learn because they have ____ neurons. I put "billions". I read it somewhere.

Also, the one where it said why do they learn to sit. What did you tick, I forgot the options

i think it was repeat stimulus and
many neurpn pathways or something
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sokka
You'll get 1 mark for saying "more to react with air so speeded up reaction" i'm sure. Not sure about the rest though, it was 3 marks right?

Yeah it was.
Reply 78
Original post by Ears
The password one was:
Beth and Niall

Awesome i got that right - it woz easy that one

And then the cerebral cortex plays part in things like memory (which they said) give one more example - i put consciousness but u cud have put language or intelligence!

Then there woz a question on studying the brain give an example

i put MRI Scans, but u cud have put electrically stimulate the brain!

I'll think of more if i can :smile:

Reply 79
Original post by Sokka

Yeah it was.

No guys it woz defo 2 marks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending