The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlotte1998xxx
Hi I know this thread is kind of old so I may not get a reply but here goes anyway:

I got the job at next, had my phone interview and then my in-store assessment and they offered me the job and said that they would call me to arrange my induction. This was on Monday and I haven't had my call yet. I've called and they said the woman gets back from holiday on Friday and Friday has passed but I still haven't heard anything. My friend said that you are induced with a group of other people and that they have other people to interview. I'm worried that they have forgotten. Should I give them a call again?

Just call them again and nag! Sometimes staff are busy when they recieve a call and forget the conversation! :smile:
Hey, so I'm looking at my payslip from last month, and I just noticed that under payments, it says "Cust Exp Bon" with £10.69 added to my pay. This might be a stupid question (I'm still fairly new!), but what does this stand for? does everyone get this or not and if so what did I get it for? Never really noticed it the first time I looked. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by EdenSweden
Hey, so I'm looking at my payslip from last month, and I just noticed that under payments, it says "Cust Exp Bon" with £10.69 added to my pay. This might be a stupid question (I'm still fairly new!), but what does this stand for? does everyone get this or not and if so what did I get it for? Never really noticed it the first time I looked. Thanks! :smile:

Customer Experience Bonus. It's the bonus pay you get if your store scores well with the 'secret shopper' that comes in every two weeks. If your store scores 100% in both visits per month you get £1 extra per hour worked, 50p for one 100% score and 25p per hour if it gets 90%+.
So I applied yesterday and got shortlisted this morning, this being my first time applying for next. I applied for a London branch and I'm 16, what wage would I thoroughly get if I were to get the job? And do I have a chance of getting it?
Reply 8044
Hey hoping somebody might be able to help I've applied to next and received an email saying I've been shortlisted. I've got a couple of miss calls and am not sure if its them or not, what number do they call from is it 0800? or a local one?.

Also wanted to ask if they email you if you've been shortlisted but they deceide not to give you the job.
Search the number on google and if it says next on the search links then it will be from the.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recently got a job at Next and I picked up an extra shift in womenswear which starts an hour before the store opens. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing during this time?

P.S. Sorry if this has been answered before/is really obvious, it's my first job! :biggrin:
Original post by Fannibal
I recently got a job at Next and I picked up an extra shift in womenswear which starts an hour before the store opens. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing during this time?

P.S. Sorry if this has been answered before/is really obvious, it's my first job! :biggrin:

Congrats on the job! You'll be doing things like making sure the shop floor looks tidy and the clothes are organised properly, moving stock around, making sure there are bags behind the tills etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Congrats on the job! You'll be doing things like making sure the shop floor looks tidy and the clothes are organised properly, moving stock around, making sure there are bags behind the tills etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! :smile:
I've just got a temporary job at NEXT and will be starting next week on Monday. I was wondering when u receive ur uniform allowance?
Original post by WellHeyThere:)
I've just got a temporary job at NEXT and will be starting next week on Monday. I was wondering when u receive ur uniform allowance?

As a temp I don't believe you will get a uniform allowance until you get a permanent job. This was the case for me when I was a temp a year ago. The rules might have changed but I doubt it! :/
Original post by QWERTYWD
As a temp I don't believe you will get a uniform allowance until you get a permanent job. This was the case for me when I was a temp a year ago. The rules might have changed but I doubt it! :/

Okay thanks for ur reply:smile: as I'm gunna be in the stockroom I'm only required to wear a t-shirt and dark jeans
Hello, I've been invited for a Team Assessment. I have applied for a Stockroom Assistant position, it's part time and permanent contract.

I'm just wondering what's the difference between a interview and team assessment? I'm assuming, I'll be asked to work with other people and they want to see how well I work in a team? She said the overall assessment will last around an hour or so.

I'm really nervous and I need this job. Especially, as it's a permanent contract and 16 hours a week.

EDIT: Never mind, I got the job.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've got a job in next as a stocktroom assistant and will be able to pick up shifts on the shop floor. I was wondering how much will I be paid as I am 17. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Grace.pickford1
I've got a job in next as a stocktroom assistant and will be able to pick up shifts on the shop floor. I was wondering how much will I be paid as I am 17. Thank you :smile:

It depends on how much they'll pay you, check your NEP! I'm 21 and my national minimum wage is £6.95 but I'm being paid £7.11 :smile:
Original post by Grace.pickford1

I'm a Stockroom Assistant aswell and I'm on permanent contract. It depends on how much they'll pay you, check your NEP! I'm 21 and my national minimum wage is £6.95 but I'm being paid £7.11 :smile:
I've got my team assessment tomorrow for Christmas Support Team role. I don't know if there will be an interview included.
Reply 8057
Hi I've just got a temp contract for 10hrs/week and was wondering how likely it is for them to give me a permanent contract with more hours, and how can I make them more likely to give me a permanent contract.Thanks :smile:
Original post by Sam947
Hi I've just got a temp contract for 10hrs/week and was wondering how likely it is for them to give me a permanent contract with more hours, and how can I make them more likely to give me a permanent contract.Thanks :smile:

Depends whenever a permanent contract becomes available. How long are you a temp for? Don't quote me on this, apparently after 12 months working for Next you get moved to permanent contract after they keep extending it. When I applied, I made sure it was for a permanent position as my stores quite big so I wasn't sure if they'd keep me on after the sales. I also need a job after Christmas lol.

I suppose the best thing you can do is be willing to take more shifts and make yourself known.

What is your job role?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Executioner
I've got my team assessment tomorrow for Christmas Support Team role. I don't know if there will be an interview included.

The team assessment is the interview, that's what I had for stockroom assistant!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending