The Student Room Group

International Student wanna get marry in England

I am an international law student studying in Manchester (just arrived)

My gf is a charming girl, who encourages me to use up most of our financial resources in getting this LLB. She said she would wait 3 years until I graduate and find a job as solicitor, but I dont want to leave her waiting. I want to marry her now when she is prettiest!

So I have decided to get everything prepared, when she come over to visit me next time, I will propose and marry her here.

This however is particularly difficult for me as I dont have much wedding information. I have made a to-do list for this purpose

1) wedding and pre wedding photographer (budget below 2000 pounds)
2) Information for a stunning wedding venue (I have no idea how much it costs)
3) Affordable wedding dresses and suits renting services (below 200 pounds)
4) Flowers for propose (ok, I will sort this out myself)
5) engagement and wedding rings
6) nice photo taking places

Since we are a bit cost conscious, there will not be any wedding banquet.
Do I leave out anything?

I would be grateful if people in TSR would recommend any shops/ photo shooting scene/ wedding venues/ photographer to me. Thanks!

(WTF, there loads of weird ppl who keep saying visa visa visa and attack me...... so I clarify here
:

1) I am not marrying a uk girl for a visa
2) both I and my gf are from Hong Kong
3) She is in HK waiting me to finish my degree
4) I will go back to HK after graduation
5) I have an Australian PR obtained with legitimate means
6) it is my gf who want to get marry when she still looks beautiful, I just want to make her happy)
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yamaha777
I want to marry her now when she is prettiest!

Shallow.
Reply 2
Original post by VeniViciVidi
Shallow.

If you think "deeper", you should know getting marry when she look prettiest does nothing good to me. I cant be with her anyway and there will be no friends for me to showoff.

Girls wants to get marry and take photos in wedding dress when they are young and good looking. I just want her to be happy.

To VeniViciVidi:
When others are doing sth important in their life and you are not going to help, I would suggest you keep your mouth shut, by doing so you will live longer.
(edited 12 years ago)
If you think "deeper", you should know getting marry when she look prettiest does nothing good to me.

Why mention it then?
Reply 4
1) you realise girls traditionally don't get proposed to and marry within say... 6 months in this country?
2) Are you sure you're not just worried about new immigration laws which state you have to leave (assuming you're not skilled enough and are from outside the EU), and so marriage is a way of preventing deportation?

Sorry, but I smell a scam
Reply 5
Why mention it then?

can you read?

"Girls wants to get marry and take photos in wedding dress when they are young and good looking. I just want her to be happy."
Reply 6
Original post by Fynch101
1) you realise girls traditionally don't get proposed to and marry within say... 6 months in this country?
2) Are you sure you're not just worried about new immigration laws which state you have to leave (assuming you're not skilled enough and are from outside the EU), and so marriage is a way of preventing deportation?

Sorry, but I smell a scam

That's fine.

My gf is in the same country as mine, I will go back to my home country after graduation.
I am a international law student studying in Manchester (just arrived)

My gf is a charming girl, who encourages me to use up most of our financial resources in getting this LLB. She said she would wait 3 years until I graduate and find a job as solicitor, but I dont want to leave her waiting. I want to marry her now when she is prettiest!

So I have decided to get everything prepared, when she come over to visit me next time, I will propose and marry her here.

This however is particular difficult for me as I dont have much wedding information. I have made a to-do list for this purpose

Do I leave out anything?

I would be grateful if people in TSR would recommend any shops/ photo shooting scene/ wedding venues/ photographer to me. Thanks!

you might want to propose before you make all these plans, plus where is your Country of origin? i think you might have to sort out your immigration status etc..

i got a feeling this wont end well:confused:

"Girls wants to get marry and take photos in wedding dress when they are young and good looking. I just want her to be happy."

Yeah, I skimmed over that bit because you took an attempt to represent the female gender.

Also about the topic, you haven't specified where you live or where you'd like the ceremony or reception, so how the f*ck do we help you?

I assume that you're at least an intelligent individual since you're doing an LLB, but f*ck me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by emeritus2011
you might want to propose before you make all these plans, plus where is your Country of origin? i think you might have to sort out your immigration status etc..

i got a feeling this wont end well:confused:

We are from Hong Kong.
To us it is just a ceremony. So that has nothing to do with immigration stuffs.
Reply 10
Yeah, I skimmed over that bit because you took an attempt to represent the female gender.

Also about the topic, you haven't specified where you live or where you'd like the ceremony or reception, so how the f*ck do we help you?

I assume that you're at least an intelligent individual since you're doing an LLB, but f*ck me.

"I am a international law student studying in Manchester (just arrived)"

I reckon this usually implies I will do the wedding in Manchester or proximity.
"I am a international law student studying in Manchester (just arrived)"

I reckon this usually implies I will do the wedding in Manchester or proximity.

The general gist of your post was all over the place that it's confusing where you want the ceromany. I can tell you, you won't get the impacting advice you are looking for here because we don't know you, what might seem amazing to one may not for another. Take some initiative and do it yourself.
We are from Hong Kong.
To us it is just a ceremony. So that has nothing to do with immigration stuffs.

yes but im guessing to be married you will be living here permanently and not just a student, what are the visa restrictions between the UK and China?

its clear to see that you obviously havent thought this through...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by emeritus2011
yes but im guessing to be married you will be living here permanently and not just a student, what are the visa restrictions between the UK and China?

its clear to see that you obviously havent thought this through...

Haha, usually HKers dont like to be classified as China/chinese/chin what......I know politically it is darn correct....I love the time when hk was ruled by the queen. (PRC Chinese would kill me if I say this in front of them)

Uk is a great country and I would love to live and work in, I just cant. but I have a Oz PR and we will move there after marriage, but that is another story.
(edited 12 years ago)
xx

Check out this one http://www.themanchesterweddingphotographer.com/#/page/3ffe/wedding

This is a brilliant website for finding venues
http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/manchester.htm

You should let your bride pick her dress although £200 is very low unless you're not bothered about it being second hand or made and flown in from China (if you don't set a specific date) if so then check out Ebay they have some great wedding shops and second hand dresses.

Places like H.Samuel, Goldsmiths e.t.c.

Any local parks or at the venue itself

Do I leave out anything?
Not really apart from things like the cake, flowers for venue, and you will have to hand in a notice to say you are getting married to your nearest registrars office.

Hope this helps somewhat
If you think "deeper", you should know getting marry when she look prettiest does nothing good to me. I cant be with her anyway and there will be no friends for me to showoff.

Girls wants to get marry and take photos in wedding dress when they are young and good looking. I just want her to be happy.

To VeniViciVidi:
When others are doing sth important in their life and you are not going to help, I would suggest you keep your mouth shut, by doing so you will live longer.

OOOH scary.
Reply 16
Original post by Charlottie93
Check out this one http://www.themanchesterweddingphotographer.com/#/page/3ffe/wedding

This is a brilliant website for finding venues
http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/manchester.htm

You should let your bride pick her dress although £200 is very low unless you're not bothered about it being second hand or made and flown in from China (if you don't set a specific date) if so then check out Ebay they have some great wedding shops and second hand dresses.

Places like H.Samuel, Goldsmiths e.t.c.

Any local parks or at the venue itself

Do I leave out anything?
Not really apart from things like the cake, flowers for venue, and you will have to hand in a notice to say you are getting married to your nearest registrars office.

Hope this helps somewhat

This is very useful, thank you very much Charlotte.

"£200 is very low" <--- I wonder if you mean buying a new one. £200 is very low if I want to buy a new one. how about renting one? can I rent a decent dress for a day or two with this money?
(edited 12 years ago)
The wedding dress budget sounds pretty low in my opinion.

I would suggest something nicer than a registration office-they just look so sterile and unwelcoming.
Reply 18
why 2000 for a photographer when your on a budget, that seems so expensive
Reply 19
Original post by Dec S 92
why 2000 for a photographer when your on a budget, that seems so expensive

really? I have no idea how much it generally costs.....:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending