The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Dan9878
Ye I have motorbike and car licence but not C1. I'm going to do it over the summer. Whens your test ? I don't think not having a licence now makes a big difference but come september it would.

Ahh ill definitely have it by then! so long as i dont fail a couple of billion times.. in which case its probably the wrong profession! my tests in december, and i should be all ready by then hopefully! ahh fair enough, im not sure how im going to do C1, just cause its so much money!
Reply 181
JUST BEEN REJECTED FROM PLYMOUTH :frown:

(Kind of expected it as I didn't even meet the entry requirements! I only applied there because it's my local university and hoped to live at home! Boooo never mind)
Reply 182
Original post by hhh123
JUST BEEN REJECTED FROM PLYMOUTH :frown:

(Kind of expected it as I didn't even meet the entry requirements! I only applied there because it's my local university and hoped to live at home! Boooo never mind)

:frown:

Good luck with your other choices.
Reply 183
Original post by Dan9878
:frown:

Good luck with your other choices.

Thanks

I best carry on being optimistic!
Reply 184
Has anyone looked around Portmouth University for paramedic science yet ???
Reply 185
Original post by hhh123
Hi there,
What were your interviews like at Brighton and UWE? I've applied to both of those! I heard at the Brighton interview you have to write an essay? -_-

What A Levels did you do?
Good luck!

The interview at Brighton consisted of a powerpoint.. followed by a simple maths test (fractions, decimals etc).. I didn't have to write an essay, but i did have to write a page about my journey to brighton that day. We were also supposed to have a fitness test but that was cancelled! As for the interview, it was with two paramedics, who grilled me slightly! ha! make sure you read up on their local ambulance service.
The interview at UWE was a bit more relaxed.. didn't feel too intimidated and felt it went well... (didn't get a place though! :frown: )! They gave me a few scenarios which caught me out though so beware!
I did Biology, Chemistry and English A-Levels!
Reply 186
Original post by llamble
Ahh ill definitely have it by then! so long as i dont fail a couple of billion times.. in which case its probably the wrong profession! my tests in december, and i should be all ready by then hopefully! ahh fair enough, im not sure how im going to do C1, just cause its so much money!

How much do you have to pay in Britain (average)?
I`ve paid something like 1000 Euro back then, but did it in Germany.
I`ve feared it to be more, but it was still a load of money for that time.
It costs about £1000 here however one resit with a bit of training costs about £300
Reply 188
Original post by Vorenus

C1 costs around £800 - £1000.

I dont know about Germany, but in Austria my cousins had to pay a fortune for the car licence because there is a minumum amount of practical and theory lessons before they can take the test.
Reply 189
Original post by megan2012
The interview at Brighton consisted of a powerpoint.. followed by a simple maths test (fractions, decimals etc).. I didn't have to write an essay, but i did have to write a page about my journey to brighton that day. We were also supposed to have a fitness test but that was cancelled! As for the interview, it was with two paramedics, who grilled me slightly! ha! make sure you read up on their local ambulance service.
The interview at UWE was a bit more relaxed.. didn't feel too intimidated and felt it went well... (didn't get a place though! :frown: )! They gave me a few scenarios which caught me out though so beware!
I did Biology, Chemistry and English A-Levels!

Cool, thanks for that!

Seems to be that the majority of interviewers expect the interviewees to have a lot of knowledge about the ambulance service then.

Have you had any interview dates for this year yet?
Reply 190
Just had a letter from BCU today saying that there course has not even been finalised yet but is still on schedule for a autumn 2012 start. They'll keep my application on file and will inform us in FEB 2012 if the course is going ahead or not!
Reply 191
Original post by f0rbesy
Just had a letter from BCU today saying that there course has not even been finalised yet but is still on schedule for a autumn 2012 start. They'll keep my application on file and will inform us in FEB 2012 if the course is going ahead or not!

I've had this letter aswell!
Reply 192
For those of you considering taking your C1 practical driving test, take a look at the relevant information on this site:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/267579958330/?ref=ts
A few students have lost a lot of money with some companies so choose carefully.
Personally I would suggest that you improve your interview appeal by trying to get your provisional C1 license asap (and possibly your theory & hazard perception tests) but to wait until you have an offer before spending the big bucks on the practical test.
Reply 193
Original post by f0rbesy

I had this letter the other day too. It seems very late to know whether or not the course is going ahead seeing as most uni's will have already interviewed the majority of applicants by February..
Reply 194
Original post by Vorenus

Its about £1000 here, just theres no way i can afford that.. :s-smilie:
Reply 195
Got an interview at Hertfordshire :biggrin:
Reply 196
Original post by hhh123
Ohhh sounds good to me! I guess i had best continue to wait then...

good luck! hopefully this whole process will fly by.... :redface:
Reply 197
Original post by Dan9878

Wahayyyy well done! When did you apply and what are you studying?

Original post by katy20
good luck! hopefully this whole process will fly by.... :redface:

Yeah hopefully... :-| I've been checking UCAS atleast 5 times a day!!!
Reply 198
Original post by Dan9878

Same! what day is yours on? :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by llamble
Same! what day is yours on? :biggrin:

Thursday 16th you ??

Latest