The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Somerandomstudent
I have an interview on Wednesday... FREAKING OUT!!!! :'(

Original post by Cheddar
Same here :redface: Feel really under prepared yet cannot concentrate on my interview prep.

the questions are very straightforward btw they dont try to confuse you or anything ... just know the curriculum and recent medical issue..
Reply 1041
Just wondering if anyone has a current timetable for medicine at Glasgow? Just wanted to see the hours and modules x
Reply 1042
Hey guys quick question; if asked to talk about work experience in an interview, could you include voluntary work and part-time job (if relevant to medicine)? Or is it solely work experience PLACEMENTS? Would be grateful for your views. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Abi_18
Hey guys quick question; if asked to talk about work experience in an interview, could you include voluntary work and part-time job (if relevant to medicine)? Or is it solely work experience PLACEMENTS? Would be grateful for your views. Thanks :smile:

i see no reason why not.
i talked about how i had done teaching work exp and they seemed to like the fact i'd explored other careers!
Reply 1044
Original post by Abi_18

talk about whatever is relevant to the question - if they ask you about medical work experiece then talk about anything you've done in a medical context. If they ask about skills then you can talk about anything.
Reply 1045
Original post by atomos
i see no reason why not.
i talked about how i had done teaching work exp and they seemed to like the fact i'd explored other careers!

Original post by kingme
talk about whatever is relevant to the question - if they ask you about medical work experiece then talk about anything you've done in a medical context. If they ask about skills then you can talk about anything.

Okay, thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1046
has abybody still not heard from glasgow??? i have a UKCAT of 693.5 but i havent heard anything?? im a graduate applicant from ireland with a degree(hopefully) in accounting... anyone in a similar position??

Hi mm89... I'm in the same position as you, am a graduate from Ireland and haven't heard anything from Glasgow yet :-( I have a UKCAT of 695, and a first class honours in dietetics. Hoping that they leave the international/postgrad applicants to last and that's why we haven't heard anything!
Original post by ChangedMyMind
Haven't seen you on in a while sweetchilli. How is your first year going?

Aye, pop on and off to see if I can help with any questions... Things are going well so far. Enjoying most of the course, lots of work and managing my time is quite challenging with a toddler but getting there. Had a mock coursework (got a A - :biggrin:) and a mock multiple choice (got a B) so not too bad. They don't count towards final marks so not too worried. Fellow classmates are a good bunch although I don't know everyone yet (276 of us this year -huge intake!) but hopefully, will know most by 2nd year!

Thanks for asking! :biggrin:
Original post by Farwa
had an interview at glasgow today and now im too scared to check my email just in case they reject me... :redface:

is anyone else just as paranoid as me?
Offers and rejections come out in March so stop panicking!

Original post by Somerandomstudent
I have an interview on Wednesday... FREAKING OUT!!!! :'(
And breathe... you'll be fine!

Original post by Cheddar
Same here :redface: Feel really under prepared yet cannot concentrate on my interview prep.

Same as above!

Original post by pdk
Just wondering if anyone has a current timetable for medicine at Glasgow? Just wanted to see the hours and modules x

Timetables are variable depending on cohort. Classes/lecs/labs etc can change week on week e.g. I'm in classes for 11 hours this week and 4 weeks from now it is 13 hours. Our first timetable covered the 1st 10 weeks then we got another for 3 weeks. Our new one covers weeks 1-5 of semester 2.

Good luck to everyone with interviews!
Reply 1050
Original post by sweetchilli
Offers and rejections come out in March so stop panicking!

thank you ... but its just that i worry in case i was so bad that they decide to strike me off the list right now ...
saw a couple of interviewees today. good luck
Reply 1052
conditional! :biggrin: what grades do I have to get? will I receive a separate email from Glasgow?
Original post by kezzyyy
conditional! :biggrin: what grades do I have to get? will I receive a separate email from Glasgow?

Is this guy for real?

i thought we would hear back in March!
Reply 1054
Original post by Steerforth
Is this guy for real?

i thought we would hear back in March!

i'm a girl D: haha and yes it's for real! i thought march too... but i dont know my conditions!

oops...conditions AAA
D: oh dear. sounds crazy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kezzyyy
i'm a girl D: haha and yes it's for real! i thought march too... but i dont know my conditions!

oops...conditions AAA
D: oh dear. sounds crazy.

Wow, thats amazing, good work, when was your interview?
Reply 1056
Wow, thats amazing, good work, when was your interview?

10Dec in Kuala Lumpur :smile: thanks
Original post by kezzyyy
10Dec in Kuala Lumpur :smile: thanks

Cool, I guess you are an international applicant, which is probably why you have an offer so early.

Congrats though, will you accept?
Reply 1058
Cool, I guess you are an international applicant, which is probably why you have an offer so early.

Congrats though, will you accept?

yup, but they did say I've to wait till March...

I'm not sure... it depends on my A level results which will be released in March and on my other applications. :smile:
Reply 1059
Can someone help me understand the methods of teaching at Glasgow? If they're going to grill me about it I think I need to understand it better. Apparently it's lectures, tutorials, PBL, practical and clinical teaching. But That doesn't really give much away that can be used for questions about the course or why glasgow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending