The Student Room Group

When he uses "x" at the end of his text...someone tell me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
^Yup, then i'd prolly think, 'nutter, i need to escape right now'.
I wouldn't even read anything into it then!
Reply 22
susiemakemeblue
I wouldn't even read anything into it then!

Not even, 'you clearly have too much time on your hands to actually text that amount of x's'?
Reply 23
Most of my female friends end texts with "x". I normally only use it with girls who are either really good friends, or who i am going out with, and never with other guys.
Reply 24
all of my girl mates do it, and i send x with them back, just to be polite lol but i dont fancy any of them (well maybe one lol) and then with my guy mates we all put it as well but it doesn't mean anythin were all really godo mates and besides once uve been in a drama lesson at my skool with all the trust and personal space exercises weve done an 'x' is nothin lol, me and a guy mate, call each other babe, means nowt lol
erk
Not even, 'you clearly have too much time on your hands to actually text that amount of x's'?

Not really...

It doesn't exactly take long, unless you have bananas for thumbs or something.
I put 1 x on the end of a text to any girls, and if i like them and think they like me too probably more...
Reply 27
Good God, I have to say I can't believe how much that gets read into.
I use an "x" for my boy and occasionally to a female friend if she needs reassurance for some reason. I never air-kiss in real life and I'm not overly affectionate with most people so I don't do it in texts either.
Reply 28
I once sent 2 x's to one bloke I barely knew and I think it scared him, he was acting all funny the next time I saw him! I send xx to everyone.
I don't know about anybody else, but i tend to just use it without think i guess it means kiss cos for friends and family i tend to put Rx but for my boyf i put more.
I use it to whenever I text to my mates, no matter who, coz it makes it more friendly and more informal... I think...
Reply 31
I use "ü" instead of "x".
Reply 32
I usually use one "x" for each text message that I create, whether it is for one of my male friends or for one of my female friends.

To be honest the people I text an "x" to knows that it does not really mean anything, but merley a tag of mine, since I always sign off a text message with "Stfn x."

There are some instances when I use more than one "x" such as with people that I am really close too or with some of my family members, however I would not really read much into the "x" Wahoowa as I receive text messages from people many times with more than one "x" on; if I were to think it was more than a kind gesture then I would start to become worried as it would mean that I would have dozens of my male and female friends taking a "liking" to me! lol :p:
My ex stopped putting x's when we split up....so perhaps for some guys it's a big deal dunno.
Reply 34
Maybe a typo?

It means nothing really.
Let me demonstrate:

X
SlyPie
Reply 35
if i feel comfortable with the person i'm sending it to, boy or girl, and i think they know me well enough to not get the wrong end of the stick, i will stick an 'x' on to be friendly! or how some of my friends who are girls call it...'cute'! i can never decipher the meaning of cute either, when girls call me cute, i never know if that's a compliment or extremely patronising: babies and toddlers are cute, not so much 19 year olds!!!
Reply 36
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx = SLEEP WITH ME

x = i am being polite.
Reply 37
Wahoowa
Hiya! Can someone tell me, how common is it for guys to sign their texts with "x"? Does this mean "Kiss"? SOmeone told me it did, but then someone else told me it probably means the signature. I heard Brits use the "x" a lot though just to mean kiss, and that they may use it even on texts to friends.

I'm asking because this brit guy I started dating began signing his texts with "x", sometimes his initial plus "x" (like "Mx). Is it common to use the "x" when you send texts to a girl you are dating? Or do guys use it with all their friends? I was going to use it in a reply text to him but I am hesitant to do it before I really know what it means! :wink:

Thanks for any help!

--------------

PS, I'm American...just moved here 3 months ago, that's why I'm asking!

I put x at the end of all my texts i send to girls
Reply 38
I always put it on texts and when I sign off msn, and i do on emails if its an informal email to a friend. Never really thought about it, I just do it to everyone. For texts/emails I always write either 'E x' or 'love me x' if its to my boyfriend, as thats what we always put to each other.
Reply 39
My friend (a guy) puts an X at the end of every text, boy or girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending