The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Just put UEA as an insurance offer, which is usually pretty pointless but hey! I I just wondered how anybody else, who was interviewed first thing on January the 7th got on with medical applications and UEA? All the best to all of you, thanks to all those for helping me preinterview, and postinterview with questions :smile:
Reply 1681
Original post by FJH
Just put UEA as an insurance offer, which is usually pretty pointless but hey! I I just wondered how anybody else, who was interviewed first thing on January the 7th got on with medical applications and UEA? All the best to all of you, thanks to all those for helping me preinterview, and postinterview with questions :smile:

UEA is my insurance too, but I regret not putting it as my Firm choice! I guess it's just the location/distance that dissuaded me from it, as that's the only justification I had to have it only as my insurance! :colondollar: What's your Firm choice?
Reply 1682
Anyone firmed UEA??
Reply 1683
Original post by Gago99
Anyone firmed UEA??

:yeah:

I have!
Reply 1684
firmed too! kinda new to this place, are there many other postgrads? halls or does anyone fancy getting a house?
I firmed a few weeks ago. I'm a postgrad but think going to go back into halls. Best way to meet people again, and we are fresher's again!
By the looks of the hall system we have a separate block allocation as we have longer terms than other students.
Does anyone know how popular it is to intercalate, and if there is limited space?

Also how is this year funded?

Thank you :biggrin:
Anyone? :tongue:
Reply 1688
Original post by platty1907
Does anyone know how popular it is to intercalate, and if there is limited space?

Not very helpful, but there's a minute section on it in here (page 31): http://www.uea.ac.uk/foh/course/new-students/undergraduate/MBBS+Student+Handbook+2011

It says it's generally only open to the top half of the year, but doesn't say how many actually opt for it. Though as actual doctor training becomes more competitive, maybe more people will go for it? :smile:

(Also interested in it, looks pretty good. :biggrin:)
Original post by gooding89
I firmed a few weeks ago. I'm a postgrad but think going to go back into halls. Best way to meet people again, and we are fresher's again!
By the looks of the hall system we have a separate block allocation as we have longer terms than other students.

you'll be in a hall where half the students are medics and half are non medics
So I decided to have a flick through the pack that came from UEA, only to find I'd misplaced the covering letter that came with it! I have everything but that letter, like the accommodation brochure and the Norwich booklet. Could anyone tell me if there's anything important on that letter? Thanks :smile:
So I decided to have a flick through the pack that came from UEA, only to find I'd misplaced the covering letter that came with it! I have everything but that letter, like the accommodation brochure and the Norwich booklet. Could anyone tell me if there's anything important on that letter? Thanks :smile:

I have my letter here in front of me. The most important thing is probably the health questionnaire that you need to download from here:

http://www.umsuea.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=150

and return to UEA (signed by your GP) by 25th May.

Details of how to complete the CRB will be sent once you accept your offer so no need to worry about that yet.

P.S. that occ health site also gives details of which immunisations you need, and about how you need to bring proof of them to your occ health induction in the first week of term, and also that you need to start having your Hep B vaccinations before you start.
Original post by feverdream
I have my letter here in front of me. The most important thing is probably the health questionnaire that you need to download from here:

http://www.umsuea.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=150

and return to UEA (signed by your GP) by 25th May.

Details of how to complete the CRB will be sent once you accept your offer so no need to worry about that yet.

P.S. that occ health site also gives details of which immunisations you need, and about how you need to bring proof of them to your occ health induction in the first week of term, and also that you need to start having your Hep B vaccinations before you start.

About an hour after you posted this I found it beneath a pile of random papers! Thanks for the response anyway :smile:

Hey,

I'm a second year at UEA the moment and have been looking at intercalation. It's quite a hard decision to make.
It's relatively popular as an idea but not a huge proportion of the year actually do it in the end.
There is limited space, but if you decide to do it, the university is very good at getting you a space.
Funding wise, it's funded to a degree, but the extra costs (i.e the cost differential between a masters and an undergraduate year ) are not met by student finance.

Hope this helps.
Anyone have an idea if some of us will hear for UEA soon?
Original post by FALCONSFURY
Anyone have an idea if some of us will hear for UEA soon?

you still not heard? dayumm
Original post by blahblah772
you still not heard? dayumm

I know.... *sigh*
Is anyone still waiting for an offer?
Reply 1698
yep still not heard here either, I doubt it will be an offer this late but I am still hoping. I think it is more likely, looking at older years threads the waiting list for August. Some people do get offers on that waiting list every year, so I guess they are just playing it very tight with numbers and don't want to commit to many offers just in case we all firm . Not long now till we have to know!!!
Original post by alice24
yep still not heard here either, I doubt it will be an offer this late but I am still hoping. I think it is more likely, looking at older years threads the waiting list for August. Some people do get offers on that waiting list every year, so I guess they are just playing it very tight with numbers and don't want to commit to many offers just in case we all firm . Not long now till we have to know!!!

They did say on the phone they were having another look after easter, but i doubt it'll be an offer tbh :frown: it probably will be asking if we want to go on waiting list or a rejection! hmm, just wanna know already! Has anyone else rung up>?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending