The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by christi4x
Interview email! :smile: for the 1st of February!!
When do we have to reply by? I have another interview in the beginning of December, and if I get an offer from there I don't think I'll be going to the Leicester interview.. Do you think it'll be okay if I reply late Dec/early Jan??

I'd go to the interview anyway, just to make sure you have as many options as you can :smile:
Just got an interview for 26th march...really late :O
And 20 minutes after I received another email - inviting me to an interview at Oxford! So happy :biggrin:
When do Leicester stop giving out interviews?
Original post by love.medicine
haha glad I'm not the only one! Me too, good luck to you! :smile:

Heard anything yet? :frown:
Reply 384
Arrghhh this waiting is killing me!
Original post by laughingbagel
When do Leicester stop giving out interviews?

Read the admissions update on their website below.

We have now started the process of sending out invitations for interview. This will be an ongoing process untill the end of March 2012.

All students will receive an emailed decision regarding their application in due course.
Reply 386
Oh my days I'm beyond relieved, i'm ecstatic :biggrin: Received an interview at 1:45 pm for the 27th February at midday :biggrin:

Oh and i scored 56/60 :smile:
Original post by mel608
Oh my days I'm beyond relieved, i'm ecstatic :biggrin: Received an interview at 1:45 pm for the 27th February at midday :biggrin:

Oh and i scored 56/60 :smile:

Well done! I'll see you there :smile: now for the hard part, doing the interview....
Congrats to everyone with interviews!

Am I right in thinking they score you out of 90(30 for PS/reference and 60 for GCSE/UKCAT), before they invite you to an interview?

Interview on 28 February. :biggrin:

Got 57/60 for Academics btw.

Seems like Leicester have scrapped the idea of waiting until end of December/early January. :P
Original post by jmillslittle
Congrats to everyone with interviews!

Am I right in thinking they score you out of 90(30 for PS/reference and 60 for GCSE/UKCAT), before they invite you to an interview?

Yep! thats right :smile:
Reply 391
Damn looks like there only giving invites to those with 56 or greater...

FML.
I've been invited for an interview on the 1st March and i dont think i'm the strongest candidate...my friends with much stronger academics haven't heard from Leicester, so i don't know what order they're doing it in...everyone just has to hold it, it's just a matter of time :smile:
Reply 393
Sooooo happy :biggrin: interview for the 27th of Feb!!
Original post by Erotas
Sooooo happy :biggrin: interview for the 27th of Feb!!

see you there! :smile:
Original post by itssochaotic
I've been invited for an interview on the 1st March and i dont think i'm the strongest candidate...my friends with much stronger academics haven't heard from Leicester, so i don't know what order they're doing it in...everyone just has to hold it, it's just a matter of time :smile:

You must be strong to be offered an interview! :smile: what grades/ukcat do you have if you dont mind me asking?
And very well done by the way! :biggrin:
Original post by AmbitiousMedic
Heard anything yet? :frown:

nope :frown: yourself?
When you reach the interview stage are you on the same level as all the other applicants? i.e. the final decision is based on your interview performance
Original post by love.medicine
nope :frown: yourself?

Nope :frown: If the person who said you needed 56/60 is right I guess we're doomed :tongue:
Guy's I just got an interview!

Don't give up hope I only got 55/60 for academics and my personal statement/ reference wasn't amazing either!

Im guessing their going down from the highest scorers to the lowest one's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending