The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessBess
I have an offer :smile: :smile: sooo happy :smile:

Congrats! :smile:
Did you receive the offer today or was it sent a few days ago and you just saw it today?
:smile:
Original post by joker12345
I know the answer is probably no ... but has anyone with 3 A's as AS (or less) been interviewed yet? Or has anyone with 3 A's even applied? :/

I've got 2 As, and i applied, but only cos i got predicted A* A* A, and had 10 A*s at GCSE - not very hopeful though - seems like they're really really emphasising AS levels this year :frown:
Reply 962
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Congrats! :smile:
Did you receive the offer today or was it sent a few days ago and you just saw it today?
:smile:

Thanks, No just got it today about 4 ish :smile:
Reply 963
For people who have an interview tomorrow and applied to BMAT unis are you looking at your score pre/post interview?
Original post by fatimah7860
I've got 2 As, and i applied, but only cos i got predicted A* A* A, and had 10 A*s at GCSE - not very hopeful though - seems like they're really really emphasising AS levels this year :frown:

Yeah that's what I thought too, I have A*A*A*A predicted but I'm not sure if they're even looking at predicted grades this year? :s-smilie:
Yeah that's what I thought too, I have A*A*A*A predicted but I'm not sure if they're even looking at predicted grades this year? :s-smilie:

I'm pretty sure they are. What did you get for AS if you don't mind my asking?
Reply 966
Thanks, No just got it today about 4 ish :smile:

Congrats! When did you have your interview?
Original post by fatimah7860
I'm pretty sure they are. What did you get for AS if you don't mind my asking?

AAAB, but B in chemistry. Again, I don't know if they'll be more against you if your B is in chemistry ...
AAAB, but B in chemistry. Again, I don't know if they'll be more against you if your B is in chemistry ...

Yeah, my B is in chem too...4 marks away from an A! I was so annoyed!!!! But if all goes well today, then hpefully....
Original post by My-My-My
So sorry to hear that you've been unsuccessful in your application to Birmingham but remember that you still have everywhere else. I know it feels awful (the first thing I heard of was a rejection from KCL before I even had any interviews) but try not to think about it and move on, focus on the rest of your application and getting the best grades in your high school exams.

Best of luck.

Thanks! Well, it was actually my back up choice so I'm not too sad about it. I just hope I get an offer some where!!!
Reply 970
Original post by battlette
Congrats! When did you have your interview?

Thanks 9/11/11 :smile:
Reply 971
for those of you who had the interview with the extra question, was it an IQ question? And did it say it would count a lot towards the judging of your application? :s-smilie:
Reply 972

OMG same! Got my offer last night, soooooo happy :P really cheered me up as a bmat score was much less than desirable...

:biggrin:
Original post by lizzy999

Original post by lizzy999
for those of you who had the interview with the extra question, was it an IQ question? And did it say it would count a lot towards the judging of your application? :s-smilie:

U have an interview??? I just checked my mail still nothing..I guess it could mean good news because from what I hear people are being rejected!
Reply 974

Me too :/ Haven't heard back yet though:frown:
Exactly 5 weeks since my interview, it's unbearable :frown:
Reply 976
Original post by instrumentalist

Have you emailed them or anything? (It's been 3 weeks since mine, I know your pain to some extent :frown: )
Original post by InkyOne
Have you emailed them or anything? (It's been 3 weeks since mine, I know your pain to some extent :frown: )

I don't really want to, I just don't want to come across impatient haha, I think I've been put on some waiting list (hopefully) cos my interview went so badly, but hey at least it's not a rejection.
Reply 978
Original post by leeqk
OMG same! Got my offer last night, soooooo happy :P really cheered me up as a bmat score was much less than desirable...

:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin: what time was your interview? Were you on the tour? :smile:
Reply 979
Original post by instrumentalist

:frown: it must be awful. It would be so much kinder to tell you if you are on a reserve list or not, instead of messing with your head :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending