The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by doctorryan
Hellow guys,
I'm a first year at Keele:
If you have any questions about medicine at keele, social life, and Keele in general...just drop me a line.
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO'S GOT AN INTERVIEW...it's a great a achievement...and once you get here it gets even better.

Kind regards,

Monty

I have an interview for Keele also :biggrin: Very excited and nervous, thanks for welcoming questions, could you talk a bit about what you were asked at interview please? Where else did you apply? I know I have othwr questions but they don't spring to mind currently :smile:

Thanks
F

The info here is pretty much the exact format of the interviews here at Keele.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview
Reply 382
ohh no, i'm worried, haven't heard from Keele yet like everyone else has, do you think this means a rejection ? :s-smilie: :frown:
Original post by Hazpinkel
ohh no, i'm worried, haven't heard from Keele yet like everyone else has, do you think this means a rejection ? :s-smilie: :frown:

No, it means they haven't looked at you yet. A rejection means a rejection, just treat this in the sense that "no news means good news" :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by Normandy114
No, it means they haven't looked at you yet. A rejection means a rejection, just treat this in the sense that "no news means good news" :smile:

okayy, very true :biggrin: thankyou, you reassured me !
Reply 385
Original post by Hazpinkel

Yep, as said above, you can be called right up to March or something. No need to panic :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey can I check if everyone here had an acknowledgement email from Keele, as I haven't had one and don't want to have been lost in the system.
Original post by georgiagray93
Hey can I check if everyone here had an acknowledgement email from Keele, as I haven't had one and don't want to have been lost in the system.

Yep I think we all have :yep: Not to worry too much but perhaps you should e-mail them and let them know? That's what I'll do :yep:
Original post by ViceVersa
Yep I think we all have :yep: Not to worry too much but perhaps you should e-mail them and let them know? That's what I'll do :yep:

Yep that's what I was thinking :smile:
Original post by georgiagray93
Yep that's what I was thinking :smile:

Good. Let us know how it goes! :smile:
This thread's been quite quiet for the last day or so, so thought I'd get it revived - anyone heard from Keele over the last 24 hours? :tongue:
I havent heard anything yet! hoping for an interview soooon! :P Does anyone know in what order people are called for interview?
heyy, just to be really annoying can anyone give me any advice. I got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and AAAB at AS with A's in Biology, Physics and Maths and a B in Chemistry (which i am resitting some modules). I averaged at 650 in my UKCAT. I've applied to Kings, Brighton & Sussex, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything yet....do you think i'll have any luck? Thanks so much.
Original post by charleydavis
heyy, just to be really annoying can anyone give me any advice. I got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and AAAB at AS with A's in Biology, Physics and Maths and a B in Chemistry (which i am resitting some modules). I averaged at 650 in my UKCAT. I've applied to Kings, Brighton & Sussex, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything yet....do you think i'll have any luck? Thanks so much.

No one has any idea at the moment, sorry :s-smilie:

It's impossible to say definitively but your stats defo give you a good chance!

Although for Keele, PS is the most important factor.

Be patient- interviews can be handed out anywhere between now and March. :smile:

Your grades are really good, but sadly that doesnt matter too much for medicine. mainly on work experience and personal statement, if theyre bad youll have a tough time :/
Reply 396

Your odds are probably best for interview at King's (unless something's changed over the last couple of years) and BSMS. I don't think many people have a bloody clue what goes on in Bristol's admissions policy and Keele won't care about your GCSE/AS grades.
Original post by Kinkerz
I don't think many people have a bloody clue what goes on in Bristol's admissions policy.

Well said :tongue:
Reply 398
Original post by thegodofgod
Well said :tongue:

I would like to congratulate you on your clearly brilliant 5th choice BSc selection skills.
Original post by Kinkerz
I would like to congratulate you on your clearly brilliant 5th choice BSc selection skills.

Thank you... :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending