The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaz51
Don't be sad. :smile:They haven't rejected you, have they? :biggrin: They will come back to you with a good news!
And you wouldn't mind me asking how the interview was like?:colondollar:

Ah bless thankyou fingers crossed! We will see but I'm not feeling too positive about it :frown: and I dont think the interview went very well at all to be honest!
Reply 1181
Hi guys,

Got an offer today after being on the waiting list :smile: I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

So sorry to those that didn't, fingers tightly crossed for your other applications, everyone on this thread seems so lovely so really hope you/everyone hears some good news soon.

xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1182
Original post by vickyu23
lly know what to do now as I put all my hopes into Keele, do you know much experience I need to be a HCA?

Not an awful lot actually. I applied in 2008 and got offers but not the grades so took a gap year and accepted deferred entry to Biomedical Science. I admittedly had volunteered on a respiratory ward for 2 years, but there was a NHS job open day at my local hospital so I decided to go and have a look to see what was on offer and ended up leaving with a job!! (subject to CRB etc etc) I was a full time HCA on an endoscopy and treatment unit until I started uni, and I now work on the bank/agency during holidays.

I know that these open days are something of a rarity, but my friend was unsuccessful at getting an HCA post for being "overqualified" and perhaps tailoring her CV towards becoming a doc etc. I think she has a couple of months experience. As long as you apply showing a keen interest in the job at hand, you have a shot with a passion for the job and ANY healthcare work experience.

For more recent requirements id check out the NHS jobs site, but normally HCA jobs are more focused on personality/communication skills than practical at an application level, as they are good at training you up when in post.

Hope that helps!
(edited 12 years ago)
Got an interview through today :smile:

*unable to stop smiling*
Reply 1184
Original post by HazzieB
Hi guys,

Got an offer today after being on the waiting list :smile: I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

So sorry to those that didn't, fingers tightly crossed for your other applications, everyone on this thread seems so lovely so really hope you/everyone hears some good news soon.

xx

Well done!!! :biggrin:
Original post by WanaBdoctor

*unable to stop smiling*

Well done :smile: I've got mine soon :redface: Scary...
Original post by Luke0011
Well done :smile: I've got mine soon :redface: Scary...

When it it?

Congrats! XD

*unable to stop smiling*

Well done!! Just wondering did it come through via ucas or an email from Keele?
Original post by charleydavis
Well done!! Just wondering did it come through via ucas or an email from Keele?

erm, I got a ucas track email and an email direct from keele about a minute apart.

So glad keele sent me one too! I hate those ucas track update emails!

Have you got an interview?
Reply 1189
Original post by Fatcho10
Well done!!! :biggrin:

:smile:Congrates.can you please let me know what did they ask you in keele interview.i am to apply next year.thankx
So, People who have had interviews. Were they friendly? :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by Luke0011
So, People who have had interviews. Were they friendly? :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11pODblNgx8

Dramatic recreation

(I know, all in good time...)

:rofl:
Seriously, why do people ask 'What do they ask in the interviews?' Surely it isnt hard to work out...obviously they are going to ask you what you ate for dinner on Sunday of course.:rolleyes:
Original post by Scarface-Don
I think the most important thing is that you know when you're interview is because I think that all the interview guidance notes are on their website in the applicants' area. So its unlikely that an interview email will contain other vital information apart from directions etc.

Thanks for that :yy:

Original post by Shaz51
Sweet! Did you get the invitation via email? Just curious!:tongue:

Track, but still waiting for the e-mail to tell me where they interview is etc.

erm, I got a UCAS track email and an email direct from keele about a minute apart.

So glad keele sent me one too! I hate those ucas track update emails!

You got an e-mail!!! I didn't :sad:

Could you let me know what it says/PM me or something, I don't want to feel I'm missing out on any vital info I need.

Perhaps I should also call them up/e-mail them too :yep:
Original post by ViceVersa
Thanks for that :yy:

Track, but still waiting for the e-mail to tell me where they interview is etc.

You got an e-mail!!! I didn't :sad:

Could you let me know what it says/PM me or something, I don't want to feel I'm missing out on any vital info I need.

Perhaps I should also call them up/e-mail them too :yep:

I've sent you a pm with the email I got but maybe if you haven't got the email by the end of the day you should call them?

When's your interview?

I've sent you a pm with the email I got but maybe if you haven't got the email by the end of the day you should call them?

When's your interview?

Thank you :smile: rebooted you now :wink:

My interview is two days before yours! How are you preparing for it?
Ahh my interview is now tomorrow!

Starting to get nervous now! :P
Original post by ViceVersa
Thank you :smile: rebooted you now :wink:

My interview is two days before yours! How are you preparing for it?

I'm just going to look at the course in detail- there's a really good video if you YouTube keele lrival school :smile:

Should really think about what I'm gonna say to the obvious questions like "why do you want to be a doctor?"

Cant really think of much else that I can do! I read the health news on BBC everyday and subscribe to a few medical websites so I'm up to date with all the NHS stuff at least!

What're you doing? I'm really scared I'll be asked something and won't be able to think of an answer!
Reply 1199
Just got a rejection from keele pre interview!! I'm absolutely devastated right now, I'm a graduate who's reapplied and keele have rejected me second time round. I have 9As in GCSE, 3Bs at A level and graduated with a strong 2.1 in biology, I have pretty decent work experience I have volunteered in a number of hospitals and even went on the gap medics scheme to Africa to strengthen my application! I have no idea why I have been rejected :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending