The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Any graduates had an interview at Keele? If so, what was it like? Thanks in advance for any tips!
Original post by love.medicine
Just wondered, anyone who has had post interview rejections/offers did you get them by email or by post? thanks! :smile:

I got my offer by email through a track update - but I found out before by actually ringing them, they told me on the phone before UCAS or anything updated! :smile:
Original post by Luke0011
I got my offer by email through a track update - but I found out before by actually ringing them, they told me on the phone before UCAS or anything updated! :smile:

Firstly,congratulations on the offer! :biggrin: How come you decided to ring them? had you been waiting a while for a decision?
Reply 1383
Original post by beanie.x
Congratulations on the interview!! I was rejected by HYMS last thursday too.... and had a rejection from liverpool today :frown: :frown: :frown: in tears.... ridiculous :frown: :frown: :frown: it said UCAS track has changed and I thought happily 'finally liverpool interview' but it had said 'unsuccessful' ....... absolutely heartbroken :'( my only interview was at Keele and they put me on some waiting list and havent got back to me since :'( definitely going to be a rejection :'( HYMS interview was LOVELY and so relaxed..... why did they reject me :'( ... and now Liverpool too :frown: :frown: Medicine applications are the most stressful thing ever :frown: :frown:............ sleepless nights and silent tears..........:'(

How badly wouldn't I agree with you!!! :frown:
Reply 1384
Original post by ViceVersa
It was okay! Overall okay except the last question :sad:. I struggled with it a bit and don't think I answered it very well *pout*. Rest overall was better than my Barts interview and I was more relaxed, so it was more of, and felt more like, a chat/conversation. Eek I dunno if I did enough but I'll hear back within 2-14 days! :erm:

Keele is beautiful! :love:

Wow, so you have been to Keele now!!! :smile: I agree it is beautiful!!! :love:

Was the last question about the ethics and all?

Hope you recieve positive news from them! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by manderson
Fingers crossed it will be good news! Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you! :redface:

Original post by Shaz51
Wow, so you have been to Keele now!!! :smile: I agree it is beautiful!!! :love:

Was the last question about the ethics and all?Hope you recieve positive news from them! :smile:

Yeah it is :smile:

Yeah it was the ethics one, and I really messed up. Gonna be a rejection now :frown:

Thank you! :smile:
Interview tomorrow eeek!

Ridiculously scared right now!
Original post by love.medicine
Firstly,congratulations on the offer! :biggrin: How come you decided to ring them? had you been waiting a while for a decision?

I decided to ring them because I got an e-mail about the visit days, saying I can book a place, but I hadn't got an offer, So I was wondering whether I could still book a place just in case! And they told me I had an offer - i was amazed :P!
Original post by ViceVersa
Thank you! :redface:

Yeah it is :smile:

Yeah it was the ethics one, and I really messed up. Gonna be a rejection now :frown:

Thank you! :smile:

Lots of people think their interview went bad, but still get a place. Don't give up hope - you may have said all of what they wanted to hear, even if it wasn't what you wanted to say!
The wait is driving me insane now...
Reply 1390
Original post by WanaBdoctor
Interview tomorrow eeek!

Ridiculously scared right now!

If you can believe it, I enjoyed my interview at Keele once I got into it. I know people must say it all the time, but the interviewers at Keele genuinely are really friendly, and are not out to put you down. They want to see you at your best, not get you into a state where you are unable to do anything but mumble. Get there in plenty of time, when I was helping out last year quite a few people were running in at the last minute, which I'm sure did wonders for their nerves.
Lots of people think their interview went bad, but still get a place. Don't give up hope - you may have said all of what they wanted to hear, even if it wasn't what you wanted to say!

Thank you! I hope you're right, though I doubt I'd be lucky enough to get an offer though :frown: Guess I will see.

Do they generally give feedback quicker gap ear students whose grades are achieved than year 13 students? Xx
Original post by BOD13
If you can believe it, I enjoyed my interview at Keele once I got into it. I know people must say it all the time, but the interviewers at Keele genuinely are really friendly, and are not out to put you down. They want to see you at your best, not get you into a state where you are unable to do anything but mumble. Get there in plenty of time, when I was helping out last year quite a few people were running in at the last minute, which I'm sure did wonders for their nerves.

That's good too hear! I heard that there is always one that tries to contradict what you say. Is that true?

I'm allowing over 2 hours for an hour qnd q half journey to avoid being late! Downside is that I have to set off at 7am :frown:
Reply 1393
Original post by thegodofgod
Woo!

will be applying for 2012 entry :biggrin:

Chose Keele mainly because they don't really use the UKCAT so much, and I flopped that completely :frown:

(don't really know what else to say :s-smilie:)

I'm wondering how did you get that UCAS banner signature with your choices on? Or did you just make it yourself?
Reply 1394
That's good too hear! I heard that there is always one that tries to contradict what you say. Is that true?

I'm allowing over 2 hours for an hour qnd q half journey to avoid being late! Downside is that I have to set off at 7am :frown:

'Back in the day' it certainly seemed the case, but they have changed the interviews totally this year and I'm not up to date on the new system. Its the same people though, who are as nice as ever
Original post by manderson
Congratulations! I'm in the same position as you! It is very surreal. Mine is also on the 5th March, what time is yours? Good luck :smile:

Hey !

My interview is at 3 55pm to be precise. When would yours be ?

And thanks for the good luck, and best of luck to you too ! Might see you there. :smile:
Offer holders, how much notice did Keele give for the post offer visiting/open day?
I decided to ring them because I got an e-mail about the visit days, saying I can book a place, but I hadn't got an offer, So I was wondering whether I could still book a place just in case! And they told me I had an offer - i was amazed :P!

Ah right that makes sense now! Congratulations on the offer! My interview went terrible so I'm 99% sure I won't get an offer but I'm on the waiting list now so I'll just have to see!

Hey, in my interview I had someone who was just looking at the stopwatch, and appearing indifferent, but you could tell that he actually was nice. :smile: They were really friendly though, don't worry about it :smile:
:shock: OFFERRRRRR! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending