Reply 380
Conditional offer for Bsc Economics ABB. Anyone else applying? :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by a mind in tune
Yup, definitely got an offer from Reading, and I selected it as my Insurance choice. are you thinking of choosing Reading (whether for Firm or Insurance)?:smile:

Well, i was rejected :smile: So I don´t think so. I applied for 2 courses on Reading, so maybe... But my firm is Royal Holloway and insurance - i don´t have yet!
But congrats to you though :smile:
Original post by hatterska
Well, i was rejected :smile: So I don´t think so. I applied for 2 courses on Reading, so maybe... But my firm is Royal Holloway and insurance - i don´t have yet!
But congrats to you though :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Sorry to hear about your rejection though. At least you like the course at Royal Holloway, right? And I'm your insurance will be fine too. Where else have you applied apart from Reading and Royal Holloway?
Reply 383
I was rejected by Reading for the four year meteorology course. Fingers crossed they may still take me on the three year one.
Reply 384
Original post by a mind in tune
Thank you! :smile:
Sorry to hear about your rejection though. At least you like the course at Royal Holloway, right? And I'm your insurance will be fine too. Where else have you applied apart from Reading and Royal Holloway?

I´ve applied for two on Royal Holloway, two on Redaing /not original :smile: / and one on Brunel - for English and TV,film studies. But I love the comparative literature,culture with film studies on Royal Holloway so I am going there no matter what hhh. Will see - but congrats on yours again.. I am so charmed how everyone here is so into this. That´s not in Czech at all....
Original post by SillyMilly

Original post by SillyMilly
Conditional for Law AAB soo excited defo my firm !

When did you send off your ucas application? x
Reply 386
Original post by ellasmith
Did you like the campus there? x

hey! yes, it was really lovely & there really seemed to be a good atmosphere :-) have you applied?
When did you send off your ucas application? x

the 16th November and i got an offer on the 15th december :smile: x
Reply 388
Got a Conditional offer for BSc Consumer Behaviour & Marketing .. Think I'm the only one on here whos applied for this course lol. Dunno whether to make it my firm or insurance :s-smilie: Still waiting on Surrey.
Reply 389
I'm firming Reading for History, so I've been looking at Halls... Anyone else thinking of applying for Wessex Hall?
Original post by MegLily

Original post by MegLily
I'm firming Reading for History, so I've been looking at Halls... Anyone else thinking of applying for Wessex Hall?

I wana apply to the new halls like Childs' ect, but im a first year uni student currently, im going to drop out as soon as i get an offer for reading. But, the new buildings are owned by Unite which is student accommodation company, and theyre the ****test company in the world, so i dont really wana be under contract with them again :/ ahh im not sure which halls to apply for
Reply 391
Applied to do primary education with English at the beginning of December but haven't heard anything yet :/ Reading is my favourite uni, so really hoping that i hear something soon. Anyone else applying for primary education?
Original post by Cyclo

Original post by Cyclo
I was rejected by Reading for the four year meteorology course. Fingers crossed they may still take me on the three year one.

Did they say why ?
Original post by MegLily

Wessex is an amazing hall, i can't recommend it highly enough. I'm staying there now (first year) and i absolutely love it - everyone here does!

Any questions feel free to ask :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
What do you think my chances of getting an offer is?
Hi, basically I think i'm going to get rejected from all of the universities I applied to (including reading - my firm choice!!), and here's why I think so:

1) I'm currently at a university, and I want to drop out and change institutions and course. I had to explain that I was a first year student in my ucas application, and i'm worried theyre going to not want to give me an offer for commitment issues etc etc.

2) In my UCAS reference my tutor specified my first choice university in it stating 'Ella's ultimate personal and professional goal is to study at the university of exeter' because at the time of sending my ucas application I had only entered one institution choice and now have since added 3 more choices - I dont even want to firm Exeter anymore, I want to firm uni of reading. I emailed my other choices explaining this but I still cant help but be concerned?

3) I need to resit one exam module that I got a D in (the other modules I got high A's in them, and the D was a fluke, a result of a bad exam/day) So that I meet the entry requirements, and change the B grade i got in psychology to an A grade.
Got a conditional offer for computer science :smile: is anyone planning on going to the post offer visit day ?
(edited 12 years ago)
got a conditional for microbiology :biggrin:
What do you think my chances of getting an offer is?
Hi, basically I think i'm going to get rejected from all of the universities I applied to (including reading - my firm choice!!), and here's why I think so:

1) I'm currently at a university, and I want to drop out and change institutions and course. I had to explain that I was a first year student in my ucas application, and i'm worried theyre going to not want to give me an offer for commitment issues etc etc.

2) In my UCAS reference my tutor specified my first choice university in it stating 'Ella's ultimate personal and professional goal is to study at the university of exeter' because at the time of sending my ucas application I had only entered one institution choice and now have since added 3 more choices - I dont even want to firm Exeter anymore, I want to firm uni of reading. I emailed my other choices explaining this but I still cant help but be concerned?

3) I need to resit one exam module that I got a D in (the other modules I got high A's in them, and the D was a fluke, a result of a bad exam/day) So that I meet the entry requirements, and change the B grade i got in psychology to an A grade.

1) I applied while at another university, so that won't be the case. If they don't give you an offer it will be because they don't think you are good enough.
2) All you can do is tell them and, if you are good and they want you as a student, this will make no difference. They are not children and they are not going to throw a tantrum about not being your preference. This said, it was a foolish thing for your referee to do.
3) You and thousands of other people. I was given an unconditional offer despite having qualifications considerably below their entry requirements.
Reply 398
Original post by KellyyP

Original post by KellyyP
Got a Conditional offer for BSc Consumer Behaviour & Marketing .. Think I'm the only one on here whos applied for this course lol. Dunno whether to make it my firm or insurance :s-smilie: Still waiting on Surrey.

I've also got a conditional offer for this course, so there are others! Not sure whether to make it my firm/insurance either
Reply 399
Did they say why ?

Academic reasons. I imagine because i'm doing an access to he course rather than a-levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending