The Student Room Group

Official Dissertation Thread - 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Right graphs done just got to make sure with module leader that they are ok :smile: then its analysing them and results section is finished :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Akkuz
Your right, your right. I was gona say something naughty, but I don't want to stray away from educational discussion too much..:colondollar:

Haha, yeah I get watcha mean. A 2:1 is easy to get. Most people get a 2:1 by doing not much really! It's not snobby to have ambition :yep:

You might find a chic geek and fall madly in love haha. :daydreaming:

Good :colonhash: He appears to be ignoring me now anyway :unimpressed:

:five: Hell yeah! :awesome:

:mmm: Well...probably in a different dept :tongue: Although I doubt my partner would be particularly happy with that :biggrin:
Reply 782
Original post by aeterno
Good :colonhash: He appears to be ignoring me now anyway :unimpressed:

:five: Hell yeah! :awesome:

:mmm: Well...probably in a different dept :tongue: Although I doubt my partner would be particularly happy with that :biggrin:

Haha. He blatess doesn't like you :ahee:

Lool, keep it a secret init! :shh:

I've now been awake for 58 hours straight. Handed in a 30,000 word assignment this morning. Brain is too frazzled to work on my dissertation..:sad:
Reply 783
Original post by Akkuz
Haha. He blatess doesn't like you :ahee:

Lool, keep it a secret init! :shh:

I've now been awake for 58 hours straight. Handed in a 30,000 word assignment this morning. Brain is too frazzled to work on my dissertation..:sad:

:biggrin: Break my heart, why don't you? :cry2:

Ok I will, I will...:ninja:

:zomg: Go to sleep, you zombie!
I'm having a bit of a panic because I'm on the discussion of my dissertation and have been given no clear guidelines on how to do it by my tutor, but know it's really important! :frown: I do know you're supposed to draw together the literature review and findings, and I've split the discussion into two research questions, and systematically compared the literature with my results. Might be a stupid question, but is this enough analysis? I can't really criticise the literature as such. Also, would I write what I would do differently next time in the conclusion?

My investigation is a qualitative study involving four children using a variety of methods.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 785
Original post by aeterno
:biggrin: Break my heart, why don't you? :cry2:

Ok I will, I will...:ninja:

:zomg: Go to sleep, you zombie!

Your supervisor is breaking your heart, not moi! :sadpanda:

:hubba:

Just my luck, got the student annual university dinner tonight. I literally think I'm going to collapse any minute now from sleep deprivation. Need to get some red bull in me..:cute:

Got my final dissertation meeting this week..can't wait for it to be over, gaah!
Reply 786
Original post by Akkuz
Your supervisor is breaking your heart, not moi! :sadpanda:

:hubba:

Just my luck, got the student annual university dinner tonight. I literally think I'm going to collapse any minute now from sleep deprivation. Need to get some red bull in me..:cute:

Got my final dissertation meeting this week..can't wait for it to be over, gaah!

Yeah but...yeah :sad:

:colonhash:

Speed eat and leave! :awesome: Alternatively, you could fall asleep in your food :biggrin:

:woo:
Reply 787
I've done nearly 2000 out of 8000... Hoping to do another 1000 tonight! :biggrin: Even if it's not great, it's something to paper which is better than nothing. Then there's plenty of time to go over it, edit it, and re-write it.
Have my dissertation from may to september. I'm a postgrad doing my MSc 10,000 words. Gonna be fun haha
Er, so I sent my literature review to my supervisor and apparently, "it's too thin". I need more references. Ok, lets go!
Reply 790
I am 639 words away from reaching my word count! :woo: The end is finally near!
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
Have my dissertation from may to september. I'm a postgrad doing my MSc 10,000 words. Gonna be fun haha

Doing that now!

I got my extension sorted cause I still more trees to put to put in and do more to results :smile:

Sorted I can start sleeping for a little bit dont like using it but its better then failing the module cause its not finished!

I stuff im doing is very sophisticated with the software as well.
Reply 792
Original post by aeterno
Yeah but...yeah :sad:

Speed eat and leave! :awesome: Alternatively, you could fall asleep in your food :biggrin:

:woo:

I slept for 8 hours. Still feel like I'm in some sort of trance..

Met with my supervisor. She said my work is really good. No stressin' about my dissertation anymoreee :cool:
Reply 793
Original post by Akkuz
I slept for 8 hours. Still feel like I'm in some sort of trance..

Met with my supervisor. She said my work is really good. No stressin' about my dissertation anymoreee :cool:

:zomg: Sleep some more, you zombie!

Yay for you! :biggrin:
Original post by *Boofle*
I'm having a bit of a panic because I'm on the discussion of my dissertation and have been given no clear guidelines on how to do it by my tutor, but know it's really important! :frown: I do know you're supposed to draw together the literature review and findings, and I've split the discussion into two research questions, and systematically compared the literature with my results. Might be a stupid question, but is this enough analysis? I can't really criticise the literature as such. Also, would I write what I would do differently next time in the conclusion?

My investigation is a qualitative study involving four children using a variety of methods.

So you've compared your results to existing literature - does it throw up any new questions that might be good for future research? Can you propose any new theories about your topic? Were there limitations to your data - like, were there any methodological problems that might impact on the validity of your results? Your conclusion shouldn't really say anything completely new, it should just tie everything together.
Reply 795
Gah, it's going so slow!! I've only written about 1000 words today. :frown: Really need to get more done. I'm giving myself until the second of April but will need three days to perfect my data file.

Plan for tomorrow: complete the model section and also do the introduction. I really need to be more on speed with these things.

If I can complete the whole of Chapter 3 and Chapter 1 tomorrow, then that's 2/5 of my dissertation done! :biggrin:
FINALLY decided on a disso topic. About time considering I have to submit the proposal by 4pm 'today'. :pierre:

It begins. :moon:
Reply 797
Deadline's in a week. Still need draft back.

Panic mode: activated.

38 days to go (minus a few for printing and binding) and I wrote the first 200 words of my discussion today :woo: I may not have all the data, nor have done much analysis of the data I do have, but I can criticise the hell out of my methodology :yes:
I finished my analysis section... can't quite believe my eyes...

It has taken so long to get to this point, and I am way over the word count, but I am so happy that now all I need to do is crack out a conclusion and the intorduction and I am done. I have some words saved up for my intro, but i might struggle on the conclusion

big question is how many words do you think is the minimum for a conclusion? is two too few? "The End"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending