The Student Room Group

Who revised/is revising from day 1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by whattheheck
Congrats on your grades. How much time each day do you spend revising?

Thank you, I spent a few hours a day from March revising, around 1-2 on a school night, and then 3 a day at the weekend. Then when the exams were immanent I did around 4. I currently do an hour or so, and homework.
Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time, and you'll be fine. You don't want to leave it too late as you might end up cramming. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Perpetuallity
Me. I'm procrastinating right now, actually.

You light weight. Go in hardcore like everyone else and cram:colone:
Reply 22
Original post by sonicx214
Shut up you ugly pig. I never asked for your help you stupid cretin. Only I SONICX214 shall neg the OP. Now sod off

This guy is trying far far too hard.
Reply 23
Original post by BuuTuu
thank you, you tooo :smile:

Do you like BBC!?
Original post by sonicx214
You light weight. Go in hardcore like everyone else and cram:colone:

I'd rather get A*'s, thanks.
Lmao so far i've studied three hours a day since day one :smile: I've just started A2, need to bump up my AS grades though. Hopefully get some of those shiny stars.
Reply 26
Original post by Wisham
This guy is trying far far too hard.

Tbh, I aint even trying.:pierre:
Reply 27
Original post by Perpetuallity
I'd rather get A*'s, thanks.

Wise man..
Reply 28
bump
Reply 29
There's no need to revise an hour a day per subject. It's a good idea to read over notes/catch up on concepts you don't understand though and do your homework - this may well take over an hour on some days. Cramming doesn't lead to 90%+.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Mike93L
There's no need to revise an hour a day per subject. It's a good idea to read over notes/catch up on concepts you don't understand though and do your homework.

Like BBC!??
Reply 31
I am...kind of :rolleyes:
It's hard to make time sometimes.
I am doing AS Maths, Psychology and GCSE Core and additional Science....dunno how it'll be like next year when the A level Sciences kicks in...
Reply 32
Yeah thats exactly what our teachers told us to do, but you dont have to. I started revising about a month before for AS's came out with straight A's with very high UMS. To be honest, if you fell you need to, do it, if not then don't, spend your time doing somethin you enjoy...Or if you really want to, read up on a subject you enjoy/want to do at university...
Reply 33
Original post by BuuTuu
Ok, so basically I was just wondering if anyone who did or are doing their alevels are really revising or revised 1 hour a day for each subject? Because this is what my teachers are saying we should be doing and so far (it's the 3rd week) I can only manage to do about 15 minutes per subject which makes me feel kinda guilty that I should be revising more but at the same time I feel like it's a waste of time?

Im doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Critical Thinking btw

15 mins each day on each subject is fine. After lessons make sure you understand what you've learnt in class, so if you don't you can go and ask your teacher. But you don't need to do hardcore revision from day 1...you'll just forget it all. Just make sure you keep reviewing your past work every few weeks.
(edited 12 years ago)
I revised from day 1. I kept looking over stuff as we did stuff. So when it came to exam time, i felt confident and i simply did past papers.

I did many extra questions from textbooks and stuff. I did my background reading. I worked in all my frees, and then worked for like 3 hours at home too. No, I didnt have a life but I achieved the grades i needed. I'm at uni now, and i do balance it all a lot more.

I got AAAa in maths, bio and chem and rs. Everyones different though, some people have better memories than others.

Sometimes I do regret that maybe I worked too hard, and maybe I should have made an effort to get to know some of the people... But then again, my social life now is pretty good so...

Whatever you do, good luck!! x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Emissionspectra
I am but thats becasuse i have 8 exams in jan

really? a-levels?
My principal once told me if you review the stuff that you learnt within 24 hours after you have learnt it, you will find it easier to remember it. Can't say for everyone but it worked for me (even though I don't use that technique that much :tongue:)
Original post by eyre2
really? a-levels?

Yep
Reply 38
Revision starts at the end of this week.
Reply 39
Original post by Emissionspectra
Yep

ok cool, i just thought i was da only one that had a lot. i have 6! does yours consists of retakes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending