The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Oh its great! I'm halfway through my first year, and I'm having a great time. I know I'd say that but hey! I'm saying it anyway. It's really interesting though, you should come find out :P
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for replying! lol. Yeh i'm coming to the open day on Feb 4th. Came to one late last year but didn't go to the English bit!

Are there any elements of Creative Writing within the course? Have you chosen related subjects like linguistics as your minors? Or is it possible to choose anything?!

Thanks!
Reply 3
I also do English Language in my first year, find it a bit tedious but its definitely much better this term as you pick your modules.
The first module last term was a bit of a drag and I found it dull, but I guess they have to introduce everything and the topics and theres not really an interesting way to do that anyway....

I picked linguistics as a minor, theres some overlap between the two which is actually quite useful as you may understand it more in one lecture than you do the other. In that respect, its quite useful to pick a related subject(s) for your minor, but I think you can pretty much choose anything, although its obviously recommended you do related subjects
Hope this helps :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending