The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by EmmaDaisy
im still waiting too :frown: i hope we find out soon!!

I'm still waiting! Getting bored of waiting now though!
Reply 221
Hi any advice would be appreciated, I have an interview at Southbank next Friday but this morning also received an invite to interview at Middlesex on the same day! I'm unsure what to do. Thanks
Reply 222
Original post by Alannaa
I shall see you there then! Guessing your name is Beth? And i feel sorry for you having to read both the policies for adult and child, ones enough for me! haha, I have read it but not much is going in, but i've heard that making sure you know details about Sure Start may help.

I would definately put it as my firm if i got an offer, reallyyyyy want to go to Southampton! xxx

yeah it is Beth (: guessing you're Alanna if you see bright blonde short hair.. its probably me P: yeaah not much is going in for me either i was really panicking then read the website for the 4th time and realised its for the written essay so might be able to blag it (maybe), yeah ive heard that too and thats basically what the childrens policy is about just in a loooot more detail haha.

same here, I haven't actually been to the open days but Ive seen everything i possibly can on PC/prospectus it looks amazing P:
I'm sort of glad theres tests cause its kind of less daunting then an interview I find it hard to find things to say about myself!

getting close now eeeek! :smile: xxx
Reply 223
Original post by Hells205
Hi any advice would be appreciated, I have an interview at Southbank next Friday but this morning also received an invite to interview at Middlesex on the same day! I'm unsure what to do. Thanks

You should try to reschedule one of the interviews. Try Middlesex as they seem a little bit more flexible. Otherwise go to the one you like more. Went to both interviews (on separate days) and got offers! Try not to panic. It was a really relaxed atmosphere.
If you want any more advice just ask.
Reply 224
Original post by farya
hey

no thats fine
im hear to help!
teh questions where long ]they had like two short questions
the rest was quite complicated and long ]they wanted to test ur divisoon and multiplication and subtraction skills all in i question- which confused me

im trying to find out about that
i emailed them as well but no reply
probably- someone in this forum said there is a presentation
but dont know if its one to one or group discussion
how would u prepare for the insight and understanding of nurisng?

x

Ok thanks so much! The maths sounds horrible haha
To prepare for the insight and understanding i think i will just practice questions like 'what is the role of a nurse' and 'what skills are needed to be a nurse', and maybe 'how would i cope with stress/the death of a patient'
xx
Reply 225
Original post by Bethmunch
yeah it is Beth (: guessing you're Alanna if you see bright blonde short hair.. its probably me P: yeaah not much is going in for me either i was really panicking then read the website for the 4th time and realised its for the written essay so might be able to blag it (maybe), yeah ive heard that too and thats basically what the childrens policy is about just in a loooot more detail haha.

same here, I haven't actually been to the open days but Ive seen everything i possibly can on PC/prospectus it looks amazing P:
I'm sort of glad theres tests cause its kind of less daunting then an interview I find it hard to find things to say about myself!

getting close now eeeek! :smile: xxx

Yep it's Alanna :smile: Don't know how to describe myself except for having blonde highlights.. I've also heard that there's only one question on the policy in the literacy so yeah hopefully we can blag it!

I agree about the tests, but without an interview i think it'll be harder to show how much we want Southampton and about our work experience etc

ahhhhh i'll see you tomorrow! xxx
Reply 226
I just got an offer from BCU for child nursing!

Can't wait! :biggrin:
Reply 227
Original post by Alannaa
Ok thanks so much! The maths sounds horrible haha
To prepare for the insight and understanding i think i will just practice questions like 'what is the role of a nurse' and 'what skills are needed to be a nurse', and maybe 'how would i cope with stress/the death of a patient'
xx

I emailed city, telling them i want to withdraw my application
i changed my mind
even if i did get accepted it will be too much stress commuting from soton
good for u though one person less to compete with, unles they will replace me lol
x
Reply 228
Original post by Orpie2012
You should try to reschedule one of the interviews. Try Middlesex as they seem a little bit more flexible. Otherwise go to the one you like more. Went to both interviews (on separate days) and got offers! Try not to panic. It was a really relaxed atmosphere.
If you want any more advice just ask.

Thanks I tried to reschedule Middlesex but they said they couldn't change it. Have asked Southbank just waiting for them to get back to me. think I prefer Middlesex but would like to go 2 both interviews.
How was the interview at Middlesex? What sort of questions did they ask? I have an interview tomorrow at Beds which is my first one quite nervous! Well done on getting offers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 229
good luck guys!
Reply 230
Original post by Hells205
Thanks I tried to reschedule Middlesex but they said they couldn't change it. Have asked Southbank just waiting for them to get back to me. think I prefer Middlesex but would like to go 2 both interviews.
How was the interview at Middlesex? What sort of questions did they ask? I have an interview tomorrow at Beds which is my first one quite nervous! Well done on getting offers.

Thank you. The questions were pretty straight forward. They could change questions though so be mindful of that.
-What qualities make a good nurse?
-Give an example of when you have shown compassion to a stranger?
-Give an example of when you have been stressed and what was the outcome of that?
-What is meant by being judgemental?

-Give an example of when you have been judged or discriminated against and how did you deal with that? (I couldn't give an example of this so they gave me a scenario based question instead: What would you do if one of your co-workers is ignoring a patient with cerebral palsy?

There might have been a couple more questions but those are the ones I can remember. The middlesex staff and students I met on the day were friendly and reassuring. The only advice I have is to stay calm and relate some of your answers back to yourself. Good luck!
I have an interveiw on wednesday at worcester, anyone else have this? Or has had one, and can tell me what its like?
Also any advice about DMU interveiws, and edge hill uni? (child nursing)
Has anyone heard off coventry about offers as well, had an interveiw on the 24th jan and havent heard back yet x
Reply 232
Hi everyone! I originally applied to paramedic courses but changed my mind and decided child nursing was for me (wish i'd realised this sooner!), just put an application in for Salford through EXTRA. My hopes arn't high as i've heard its soooo competative, worth a try though :smile: Has anyone else applied for courses through EXTRA? x
Reply 233
Original post by MrJay
I just got an offer from BCU for child nursing!

Can't wait! :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: Me too, thats my first choice, fingers crossed I get the grades :smile: are you going to be living on campus?
Reply 234
Hiya,

I've applied for York, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull and Keele.
I was unsuccessful due to not enough experience/credits for Keele or Hull but have been invited to two interviews for York and Leeds.

Is there anyone on here that has been invited to/been to an interview for Children's Nursing at these two Uni's before? Anyone know what sort of questions to expect?

Reply 235
Original post by misslarmour
just got an interview through the post from York on 12th March!!
Has anyone else got an invite for York?

Emmie :smile: x

Hey, I've got an interview for 26th March at York! Will you let me know how it goes?

Marissa x
Reply 236
Original post by jennifarr
Well done :biggrin: Me too, thats my first choice, fingers crossed I get the grades :smile: are you going to be living on campus?

No, I live local so I shall be moving in to my own place. What about you?

BTW, well done to you too! :biggrin: BCU was my one and only choice, so I'm rather lucky. :smile:
Reply 237
Hello! I have an interview TOMORROW for City University in London and I'm so scared! Would love to speak to anyone going tomorrow too (it'll make me feel much less nervous!) - message me on here or [Mod note: Email address removed, please use private messages if you wish to exchange contact details]
Good luck everyone :smile:
Brittany x
BCU is my first choice too, I have an offer for october start, is that when you guys are starting too?

I doubt ill get the grades though as i messed up big style in january exams, urghh :frown:
Reply 239
Original post by beckylewis
BCU is my first choice too, I have an offer for october start, is that when you guys are starting too?

I doubt ill get the grades though as i messed up big style in january exams, urghh :frown:

Yeah I'll be starting in october. What have you applied to do?

Stay positive, i'm sure there's a way you can improve your grades, it's not over til it's over. Best of luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending