The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any news for medics?
Original post by d3ra4eva
Medicine. i was silly enough to apply to one of the most competitive colleges for easily the most competitive course. has anyone heard about med interviews for any colleges?

Original post by Insanity514
Any news for medics?

I thought they were waiting for BMAT results before making any med interview offers, which would imply the 23rd of nov is the earliest they can invite :wink:

Not a medic though, just what I've from medics at school
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheMagicMan
I thought they were waiting for BMAT results before making any med interview offers, which would imply the 23rd of nov is the earliest they can invite :wink:

Not a medic though, just what I've from medics at school

Depends on the college. I know a few people who have got medicine interviews at Cambridge from my school, but no one on here seems to have heard anything :s-smilie:
Reply 803
Original post by fruktas
Has anyone heard from Trinity for Maths? The wait is honestly killing me!

kool g? nh not yet.....I think Trinity have ended their rejecting massacre :eek:
Reply 804
anyone heard from Christs?
Reply 805
Original post by Insanity514
Depends on the college. I know a few people who have got medicine interviews at Cambridge from my school, but no one on here seems to have heard anything :s-smilie:

So far i've only heard that medics have recieved replies from Clare
Reply 806
Original post by Rahul.S
kool g? nh not yet.....I think Trinity have ended their rejecting massacre :eek:

Well im glad about that atleast. My mate has one for engineering from trinity, he keeps winding me up about it :biggrin: I need that bloody interview!
Reply 807
Original post by fruktas
Has anyone heard from Trinity for Maths? The wait is honestly killing me!

my mate hasnt

Original post by d3ra4eva
So far i've only heard that medics have recieved replies from Clare

my friend got an interview for vet med too
Reply 808
Original post by fruktas
Well im glad about that atleast. My mate has one for engineering from trinity, he keeps winding me up about it :biggrin: I need that bloody interview!

dw you will get one......be patient! :colone: if I hear anything.....i will let you know...be sure to inform me as well.....Trinity have rejected kids with 4-5a's.....i think they should have made it clear this year....."To apply at Trinity, an applicant should have at least 1 A*" looooooooooooooooool :tongue:
Reply 809
Interview for Jesus for Philosophy this morning! 6th December.

Good luck to everyone.
Reply 810
Still waiting on catz. anyone got any interviews at all for PPS?
Original post by rupertj
Oh, right. Pakistani, I see. Well good luck, I'm applying for Economics at Caius, so perhaps we'll meet each other there one day!

Thanks. And good luck for your application. :smile:
Original post by maddy93x
I applied to Christs and i am predicted straight A*s still no inteview :'(
they have emailed my referee for more information about me but havent invited me for an interview yet :'(
do they do it alphabetical order ? :confused::s-smilie::frown:

what subject? i'm in pretty much the same situation for physical natural sciences
Original post by Vestada
Interview for Jesus for Philosophy this morning! 6th December.

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations!
Did you get your notification by email or by post? :smile:
Reply 814
I was absolutely horrified to get an email from St John's last night telling me that "We have still not received your written work, the deadline for which was on November 4th"! I have applied for Music and sent everything away in plenty of time but it must have gone missing in the post :frown: I've resent everything today so it should be with them first thing in the morning and then my application can be considered seriously! :biggrin:
Original post by piette
I was absolutely horrified to get an email from St John's last night telling me that "We have still not received your written work, the deadline for which was on November 4th"! I have applied for Music and sent everything away in plenty of time but it must have gone missing in the post :frown: I've resent everything today so it should be with them first thing in the morning and then my application can be considered seriously! :biggrin:

Well if there's one good thing to take from that it that St. Johns aren't just sitting around doing nothing :tongue:

I hope your next batch gets to them:biggrin:
Original post by Jessikat
Well done on getting an interview! This officially means that Homerton are sending them out now, though... Eeeeeep D:

Still heard nothing from Homerton!
Reply 817
Original post by TheMagicMan
Well if there's one good thing to take from that it that St. Johns aren't just sitting around doing nothing :tongue:

I hope your next batch gets to them:biggrin:

Indeed, hah! I'm desperate to hear something back!

On a side note - sadly for my friend, she received a letter in the post today rejecting her for Maths at Pembroke. I'm quite shocked actually, I thought she would at least get an interview. Oh well, she's laying her hopes on Durham now!

Also:
ARE THERE ANY OTHER ST JOHN'S MUSIC APPLICANTS OUT THERE???

There seem to be hardly any SJC applicants... :frown:
Reply 818
Nerves kick in and so it begins :evil:
Reply 819
Original post by piette
Indeed, hah! I'm desperate to hear something back!

On a side note - sadly for my friend, she received a letter in the post today rejecting her for Maths at Pembroke. I'm quite shocked actually, I thought she would at least get an interview. Oh well, she's laying her hopes on Durham now!

Also:
ARE THERE ANY OTHER ST JOHN'S MUSIC APPLICANTS OUT THERE???

There seem to be hardly any SJC applicants... :frown:

If not maths, I would have applied for music :frown: Sorry though! Hehe :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending