Access to nursing/midwifery? Watch

GossipGirl86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know there's loads of access course threads, here's another!

I am hopefully starting an access to health studies next year, I think that's what it is called, basically the nursing one, but I've been thinking the last few days about maybe doing midwifery instead, I haven't decided yet but I know sadly this degree course is way harder to get onto, so I was wondering, does the access to health course lead you onto nursing as well as midwifery or is it just purely for nursing related careers? Looking on the Cardiff uni entry requirements I think it can lead to both but I was hoping someone knew for sure!

I just can't decide which one to go onto yet but I still have a couple of years to decide if it leads onto both anyway.

Thanks in advance!
jami74
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The best way to find out is to contact the universities that offer midwifery and ask them if they accept that particular access course. Also contact the college where you are doing the access course and ask if they've ever got anyone onto a midwifery degree. I would think that the access course would lead to both. Midwifery is competitive and from what I've heard you'll need to have plenty of relevant experience as well as good grades and a great personal statement.
maturestudy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GossipGirl86)
I know there's loads of access course threads, here's another!

I am hopefully starting an access to health studies next year, I think that's what it is called, basically the nursing one, but I've been thinking the last few days about maybe doing midwifery instead, I haven't decided yet but I know sadly this degree course is way harder to get onto, so I was wondering, does the access to health course lead you onto nursing as well as midwifery or is it just purely for nursing related careers? Looking on the Cardiff uni entry requirements I think it can lead to both but I was hoping someone knew for sure!

I just can't decide which one to go onto yet but I still have a couple of years to decide if it leads onto both anyway.

Thanks in advance!
Access to Health is generally accepted for entry onto Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic and Allied Health Professions courses. However, it's best to check with individual institutions as some have special requirements. For instance, some may want a certain number of credits in biology or science.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (329)
92.16%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (28)
7.84%

Watched Threads