The Student Room Group

Access to nursing/midwifery?

I know there's loads of access course threads, here's another!

I am hopefully starting an access to health studies next year, I think that's what it is called, basically the nursing one, but I've been thinking the last few days about maybe doing midwifery instead, I haven't decided yet but I know sadly this degree course is way harder to get onto, so I was wondering, does the access to health course lead you onto nursing as well as midwifery or is it just purely for nursing related careers? Looking on the Cardiff uni entry requirements I think it can lead to both but I was hoping someone knew for sure!

I just can't decide which one to go onto yet but I still have a couple of years to decide if it leads onto both anyway.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
The best way to find out is to contact the universities that offer midwifery and ask them if they accept that particular access course. Also contact the college where you are doing the access course and ask if they've ever got anyone onto a midwifery degree. I would think that the access course would lead to both. Midwifery is competitive and from what I've heard you'll need to have plenty of relevant experience as well as good grades and a great personal statement.
Original post by GossipGirl86
I know there's loads of access course threads, here's another!

I am hopefully starting an access to health studies next year, I think that's what it is called, basically the nursing one, but I've been thinking the last few days about maybe doing midwifery instead, I haven't decided yet but I know sadly this degree course is way harder to get onto, so I was wondering, does the access to health course lead you onto nursing as well as midwifery or is it just purely for nursing related careers? Looking on the Cardiff uni entry requirements I think it can lead to both but I was hoping someone knew for sure!

I just can't decide which one to go onto yet but I still have a couple of years to decide if it leads onto both anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Access to Health is generally accepted for entry onto Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic and Allied Health Professions courses. However, it's best to check with individual institutions as some have special requirements. For instance, some may want a certain number of credits in biology or science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending