The Student Room Group

Access course nursing

Is there anyone that's done an access to HE course(Nursing or related subjects), able to give me an idea of what it's like? How much work is there? Does it cover a broad range of subjects and can you choose optional topics? How hard is it to get distinctions? And anything else you think is useful to know.
Thankyou.
Original post by Dreamsandwishes
Is there anyone that's done an access to HE course(Nursing or related subjects), able to give me an idea of what it's like? How much work is there? Does it cover a broad range of subjects and can you choose optional topics? How hard is it to get distinctions? And anything else you think is useful to know.
Thankyou.

I have done an Access course in Science (not entirely sure how relevant that woudl be).

Unless you are doing an online Access course, I'm confident that you don't have that many optional topics to choose from; they're usually chosen by the teacher/tutor.

Just for the heads up, you don't need an Access diploma specifically in nursing to get into nursing - look at the approved nursing degrees by the Midwifery and Nursing Council.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending