The Student Room Group

Nursing and Midwifery

I already have a Bsc Hons.
Am I able to access student loans as normal? Or is this restricted as I already have a degree? I cant find any accurate information online.
TIA
For a nursing or midwifery degree? What subject is your BSc? Are you currently working in either nursing or midwifery?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
For a nursing or midwifery degree? What subject is your BSc? Are you currently working in either nursing or midwifery?

Hi, I have a BSc health studies and I have a place on a Nursing degree and interviews for midwifery :-)
Original post by SEM007
Hi, I have a BSc health studies and I have a place on a Nursing degree and interviews for midwifery :-)

Nursing and midwifery courses are exception degrees so you should be eligible for full undegraduate funding (both tuition fee and maintenance loans). Applications for SFE open in March. If you study at a uni in England, you would also be able to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund for the additional annual training grant, placement expenses, etc.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
Nursing and midwifery courses are exception degrees so you should be eligible for full undegraduate funding (both tuition fee and maintenance loans). Applications for SFE open in March. If you study at a uni in England, you would also be able to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund for the additional annual training grant, placement expenses, etc.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Thank you, thats been a great help
I've got a bachelors degree also and have just firmed my place for mental health nursing. I called student finance and they confirmed what the comment above said 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by Christinaaa
I've got a bachelors degree also and have just firmed my place for mental health nursing. I called student finance and they confirmed what the comment above said 🙂

Great, thank you for letting me know :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending