The Student Room Group

Feel miserable since coming home

Before uni, i used to think there was something wrong with me, like i wasn't a likable person or something, because I just never really clicked with anyone when I grew apart from my close group of friends in year 12. We didn't fall out, just they were really cliquey and didn't like me talking to people out of the group and that kind of thing, so I found myself not really wanting to be close with them anymore. I made friends after but never really felt happy with my social life.

Coming to uni, I absolutely love my life there. I've met the most amazing people who make me feel appreciated and wanted and i just have the best time with them. I feel so lucky to have met the people I have there and my social life is great.

But coming back home for christmas, I just feel so down already and it's only been 2 days. I didn't manage to find a temp christmas job to fill my time and although I have lots of work to do like revision and stuff, I can't concentrate because I feel so low. All my uni friends have gone home and are loving it and going out with all their friends from home and i feel like a loser. My 'best' friend went on about how much he looked forward to seeing me after 12 weeks, then went and made plans with other people and said "well you can come along if you want but not for the whole time cause me and so and so need to catch up alone" and he hasnt made any plans with me on my own, when I suggested a day he said "maybe but I am quite busy this week". I have a couple of other friends to see but theyre all people i have to put so much effort in with and I just feel so unwanted and worthless here. It doesnt help my parents split recently and my mum has also fell out with my auntie so most of my family arent talking. Anyone else feel the same?
I understand how you feel...

But at least ur a strong person...

Im a loser who cuts...

Its a very bad thing but rite now its all I can do to cope...

Of course ur not worthless... Ur life is precious...

Forget him as he doesnt see how special you are...

I bet when he realises that, he will spend more time wit u:smile:
Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending