The Student Room Group

Is anyone here tired of working?

Had my 1st full-time job before COVID which failed miserably, then went unemployed for a year due to COVID recession before getting into an MPhil course which will be completed by the end of this year.

Did take up temporary jobs and run a semi-online shop on eBay to barely earn some money despite majority of expenses having to be given by my mum. I feel useless, but am tired of working full-time again since I don't want a life of acting as a screw in a machine while having to suffer from all sorts of complicated physical/mental problems.

Is anyone here tired of working as well?
Original post by Anonymous
Had my 1st full-time job before COVID which failed miserably, then went unemployed for a year due to COVID recession before getting into an MPhil course which will be completed by the end of this year.

Did take up temporary jobs and run a semi-online shop on eBay to barely earn some money despite majority of expenses having to be given by my mum. I feel useless, but am tired of working full-time again since I don't want a life of acting as a screw in a machine while having to suffer from all sorts of complicated physical/mental problems.

Is anyone here tired of working as well?

Try to find a job you will enjoy doing, then it feel like less of a job. Doesnt matter what the job is.
We would all like to not work, but unfortunately we have to to be able to afford things.
Reply 2
You can do work from home jobs.
Well kind of, I deffo got tired to trying to do jobs that I don't like. I'm not a 9-5 office person and I'm just not cut out for it, but I tried for years and talked myself into it because I mistook being competent at a role for liking it. I just had way too many largely meaningless jobs where I dreaded going to bed at night because I'd need to wake up and go there again,

I retrained into gardening about 5+ years ago and have never looked back, I like the work, I like the easy job satisfaction for a garden well done and found far better working hours and the concept of 'job and finish' where you have a set amount of work and if you finish it early, you're done! None of this sitting around 'looking busy' crap to appease clock watchers, which had been my whole working life till then.

So yea, never underestimate the value of actively finding work you do not hate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending