The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Jeez why are the FA cup tickets so expensive?

one word:

Henry.
Original post by jilebinator
one word:

Henry.

Yea it's why I would've been tempted to buy some but not for £50+ a ticket..
Reply 782
Original post by jilebinator
one word:

Henry.

not at all they have been that price sicne they went on sale and the same fixture in the same round last year cost the same
Reply 783
Original post by alexsong
not at all they have been that price sicne they went on sale and the same fixture in the same round last year cost the same

Really? :confused: That's pretty ridiculous if it's true.
Reply 784
Original post by Abiraleft
Really? :confused: That's pretty ridiculous if it's true.

yeah well whats new when people say we have expensive tickets they certainly arent joking
Do they do the 'category A/B' pricing for cup games? But yeah, they haven't raised the prices just for Henry -- as much as it would seem an Arsenal thing to do. The only surprise about this Henry deal is that they didn't announce it mid-Dec to get in some shirt sales for Christmas. When it comes to a tragedy, a key historical event, or general good conduct, 'The Arsenal' is the best around. But when it comes to treating their customers, the class of the club is nowhere to be seen.
Reply 786
Original post by Overmars
Do they do the 'category A/B' pricing for cup games? But yeah, they haven't raised the prices just for Henry -- as much as it would seem an Arsenal thing to do. The only surprise about this Henry deal is that they didn't announce it mid-Dec to get in some shirt sales for Christmas. When it comes to a tragedy, a key historical event, or general good conduct, 'The Arsenal' is the best around. But when it comes to treating their customers, the class of the club is nowhere to be seen.

yeah they do the categories so if we get someone good in the next round at home these 50 quid tickets will be £71
What they judge as 'someone good' is quite arbitrary. I think even someone like West Ham would be an A game.

in other news :wink:

is the music really necessary :tongue:
Reply 789
Original post by Billa Bong

Maybe he can inspire Arshavin :daydreaming:
Original post by Zerforax
Cup tied in the champions league as he was on the bench in a CL game me thinks.

lol, Tevez was stuck firmly to that bench too. Perhaps it was heated?

What a tosser Carlos Tevez is. No surprise that he left us to move to the blue s**te.
Yes NEwcastle! :awesome:
Reply 792
Original post by Billa Bong

The music adds to henry's legendary status :cool:
Why are we being linked with M'Vila again? I don't see him as a necessary signing at all with Song and Wilshere and even Arteta both doing a good job at DM
Original post by Abiraleft
Severe case of nepotism at the club? :holmes:

Quite honestly, I hope it happens. I'd have advocated that he started if he had scored one against Wolves or something like that, but I don't think the likelihood of him scoring 2 goals or more on Saturday is great enough to risk running him to the ground. Particularly considering that if he does play, he's likely to be targeted by the QPR defence as, apart from his form and status as our main dangerman, they'd be keen to prevent him from securing the record against them. It might also distract the other players: they might be too focussed on getting the ball to van Persie to score rather than getting the match won, which would make QPR's job easier and could end up with it being a very frustrating match for us.

Despite all of which, a part of me still really wants to see him play and get those required goals. :colondollar:

RVP plays tomorrow
Reply 795
got myself tickets to teh spurs match :biggrin:
Reply 796

Ah well. I hope the fitness/physio team know what they're doing.

That given, I'm going to guess the team today is going to look like:

Szczesny
Djourou Koscielny Mertesacker Vermaelen
Song Arteta
Walcott Ramsey Benayoun
van Persie

It just seems like time Gervinho had a breather as well. Not sure about that particular one, though; the others, I'm quite sure about.
Wolves about to get a bit more Dench in 2012

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16369898.stm
COYG!!!!
It's good to see Frimpong getting some more game time if this move comes through. Extremely talented but hot tempered and hopefully McCarthy can sort him out. Nothing like a relegation battle to sort your football out.

Latest